Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Successful Dominican people

Lucy

Default Successful Dominican people

i need someone to help me out and list give me pics and info on some successful dominican people being known worldwide and also in jsut latin america. People like Oscar del la Renta & Presidente Leonel Fernandez also any poets ect... please help me out

JenNY

Default Re: Successful Dominican people

Nobody can forget Sammy Sosa!!

arcoiris

we did a string on "heroes" a few weeks ago if you want to check the archives for those names. I will check a certain book i read and report again tomorrow. this is a good topic.

Dee DeMusis

Let's add Pedro Martinez and the rest of the Dominican major league baseball players, Jaime David Fernandez Mirabal[the Vice Preseident and nephew of the Mariposas, Juan Luis Guerra and Milly Quezada[the reigning King and Queen of Merengue],historian Frank Moya Pons,and writer Julia Alvarez to name a few more.

gio

and Celia Cruz!!

Natasha

Celia Cruz is Cuban.

Natasha

Chad

Juan Marichal

gio

Oops--My ex told me that she was Dominican and her husband is Puerto Rican--Oops!

Tshow

I thought that baseball's Alex Rodriguez, and actresses Rosie Perez and Jennifer Lopez might be Dominican. Their bios indicate that all 3 were born in New York. Does anyone know if their ancestry is in fact Dominican?

Lucy

I don't know about Alex but both Rosie Perez and Jennifer Lopez are from Puerto Rican ancestry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast