Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Que voy acer? Grammatics

Mr.Mark

I think that getting a job here, especially in the conditions you've told us, depends a lot on who you know that lives here and who those you know know. In the second place, you gotta let us know what your skills are and about your previous work experience.

AZB
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Its "hacer" not "acer".

Now you said you want a job in dollars? Why? because you have studied in USA and now you want to move to DR so you think you deserve to be paid in dollars? get in the line buddy. There are many folks who are as qualified as your and jobless here or making money in pesos.
    Jobs are very scarce here to beguin with and if you dream about getting paid in dollars, god help you.
    AZB

RHM
    Doctor of Diplomacy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB
    Its "hacer" not "acer".

Now you said you want a job in dollars? Why? because you have studied in USA and now you want to move to DR so you think you deserve to be paid in dollars? get in the line buddy. There are many folks who are as qualified as your and jobless here or making money in pesos.
    Jobs are very scarce here to beguin with and if you dream about getting paid in dollars, god help you.
    AZB
    And it's "Que voy a hacer?".......don't forget the preposition "a"......you don't want to speak like a caveman

AZB is right. Dollar incomes are scarce. Don't come to the DR thinking that opportunities will be jumping out at you. Take a look around, learn about the place first hand and then CREATE an opportunity for yourself.

Scandall

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default not to be a stickler about it

but if you're trying to say "What am I going to do?" instead of "Que voy hace", which to me doesn't make sense , how about "¿Que hare yo?"

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB
    Its "hacer" not "acer".

AZB
    Absolutely, with his attitude he will become a man without a country. The Dominicans will resent his thinking he is too smart to work for pesos. The ex-pats will consider him another Dominican who couldn't make it in the States.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Maine is a state fyi, not an adjective!
    Perhaps you can get a job teaching ESL or ETL!

El Mujeron
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scandall
    And it's "Que voy a hacer?".......don't forget the preposition "a"......you don't want to speak like a caveman Scandall
    Scandall, I never heard anyone say: Que voy a hacer.

Does the 'a' need to be included in this sentence? I really dont think so, then again, I had my last Spanish lesson when I was 8. Thanks.

Lesly or Jessy - where are you when we need you?!

RHM
    Doctor of Diplomacy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista
    He he he he...Don't you just love it when DR1ers smell fresh meat????

And I'm the LAST guy who should be correcting anyone. Especially in Spanish.

Poor guy.

Scandall
    Professor of Gorilla Grammar

El Mujeron
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista
    I really didnt want to comment on his poor English use because I really cannot point fingers... But if his true writing skills are presented in his post - he is hit both in Spanish and in English! Good luck with the job search...

Mr.Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo900
    but if you're trying to say "What am I going to do?" instead of "Que voy hace", which to me doesn't make sense , how about "¿Que hare yo?"
    The most appropiate translation for "What am I going to do?" in that context is "¿Qué voy a hacer?", "¿Qué haré yo?" is not very idiomatic in Spanish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast