Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta buddy pass checked baggage question (urgent)

AZB
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Delta buddy pass checked baggage question (urgent)

please I need some quick and correct answers.
    I have a friend who is traveling on delta buddy pass from mad-jfk and then jfk to sti. she bought her buddypass ticket in march of this year and now returning from spain to sti. The checked baggage rules for buddy pass change so often that i am a bit confused.
    I think from mad to jfk leg she is allowed 2 checked bags 50 lbs each. then i am not sure if she can bring both bags checked in to jfk-to sti (next day flight May, 23rd). As`far as I remember she can only bring in 1 checked bag from jfk to sti but her original departure city has allowed her 2 checked in bags and the final destination is sti. So they differ.
    A side note: Now I thought i was also allowed 1 checked bag from jfk-sti ( am a companion pass traveler) but apparently i was allowed 2.
    So i am confused a bit.
    She will be traveling from mad to jfk on 22nd of this month (friday) and then jfk to sti the next morning (over-night in NY).
    If she is allowed 2 bags from madrid to jfk then is she still allowed to take 2 bags from jfk to sti?
    please help, I need answers quickly as she needs to pack soon.
    Thanks.

PS. this question is directed towards real airline employees who know the correct answers. if you guys are doing google to help me. No thanks, i already know more than many of you guys who are guessing. i want latino2002, santobonao, stiop or anyone else who works for delta and is up-to-date with the current info.
    Thanks in advance.
    AZB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Aftab,

If she got his ticket from MAD to STI, she can travel with 2 50lbs bags.
    Even if she would fly from JFK to STI - since it's an international flight - she can carry 2 50 lbs bags.
    Last August from Atlanta-Santo Domingo it was no problem to bring 2 50 lbs bags.
    I hope some one from a travel agency would chime in and gives an updated info.

The Hun

AZB
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks hun, but we are talking about different things. What you are telling me, does not apply to her ticket.
    The airline people who will read this know exactly what i am talking about.
    She is flying S4 buddy pass. the baggage policy from jfk to sti is different. She is a non-rev.
    Thanks hun but this is not the info i am looking for. But I know you want to help me.
    My question is a bit more deep and only can be answered by a delta airline employee.
    AZB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hola AZB...hot from the Deltanet.

Delta/NW will implement a fee for passengers traveling internationally that check 2 or more bags. The 2nd baggage fee will be $50 and will be applicable to all Delta international destinations worldwide. This fee will be applicable for anyone who purchased a ticket on/after April 21, 2009, for travel on/after July 1, 2009. Exemptions for this fee will include:

First and Business Class passengers

SkyMiles and WorldPerks Elite Members including Flying Colonels (EP/PM/GM/FO/FC)

Active Duty Military members traveling on orders

Passengers who purchased tickets prior to April 21, 2009

Non-revenue and Company Business travelers including crew, jumpseat, buddy pass and family fare travelers

Passengers who are confirmed on a Full Y class economy ticket.

Is Delta the first carrier (U.S. or international) to charge for bags internationally?

No. British Airways charges Economy class passengers a fee to check a second bag on certain international routes.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

he said dont do google to help him - naughty man

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartley View Post
    he said dont do google to help him - naughty man
    That information is not from google......

AZB
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ok latino, goodm imfo. so i take it she can bring in 2 bags, checked in from mad. now the question is, can she bring 2 chacked bags from jfk to sti? as far as I remember, there were buddypass restrictions for jfk-sti or sdq passengers to only 1 checked bag.
    I think they have changed the rules.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    ok latino, goodm imfo. so i take it she can bring in 2 bags, checked in from mad. now the question is, can she bring 2 chacked bags from jfk to sti? as far as I remember, there were buddypass restrictions for jfk-sti or sdq passengers to only 1 checked bag.
    I think they have changed the rules.

Well that happend last year...not sure if they uplift the embargo for the JFK-STI or SDQ markets.

Bag Limits - Nonrev checked bag limits for some int'l routes still in effect
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    October 14, 2008

One checked bag limit applies to travel in either direction for routes listed below:

Atlanta and Johannesburg, South Africa (JNB)
    Atlanta and Lagos, Nigeria (LOS)
    Atlanta and Guadalajara, Mexico (GDL)
    Atlanta and Guatemala City (GUA)
    Atlanta and Dakar, Senegal (DKR)
    Atlanta and San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL)
    Atlanta and Managua, Nicaragua (MGA)
    New York (JFK) and Cape Town, South Africa (CPT)
    New York (JFK) and Georgetown, Guyana (GEO)
    New York (JFK) and cities in the Dominican Republic (Santiago STI; Santo Domingo SDQ; Punta Cana PUJ)
    New York (JFK) and Port of Spain, Trinidad (POS)
    New York (JFK) and San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU)
    New York (JFK) and Accra, Ghana (ACC)
    New York (JFK) and Mexico City, Mexico (MEX)
    New York (JFK) and Dakar, Senegal (DKR)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey AZb...and for those who ride on main cabin.
    As a 1st of jun, can enjoying unlimited complimentary beer and wine throughout the flight.

AZB
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

wow latino, too bad I stopped drinking. I will still stick to my Mrs T bloody mary mix (virgin ofcourse). Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I had a drink on delta aircraft. I always fly 1st class and drinks are always free but I never ordered one. I love Mrs T bloody mary mix (without alcohol). I always drink 2 cans with lemon.
    AZB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast