Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best prepaid cell phone provider

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by riravaga
    No, you will continue receiving incoming calls for 30 days, if you donīt recharge they will suspend the service complete, and if in the next 15 days you donīt recharge you will lose the number, But if you are an orange customer they cut the service complete if you donīt recharge on time.
    Are you saying you get a total of 75 days (30+30+15) on a RD100 card before you lose the number?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

no, 45 days, first 30 days your phone continue receiving calls, after these 30 days they disconnect the number, but if you recharge btw the 15 days after the previus 30 the phone is actiaved automatically, if donīt you will lose the number and the company could give the number to another customer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What kind of phone works best with verison in DR

I'm taking a couple of phones to family in the DR. They use Verizon pre-paid. What phones does everyone recommend?

gracias,

Jose

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Every time i go to the D.R and to casa de campo were i have my villa i use my centennial Phone no roaming charges!!!!a and great signal

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reactivate Cell Phone

I was in the D.R. two years ago and bought a Verizon cell phone. I haven't used it since May, 2005. Is it possible to have this phone reactivated, and what would the cost be to have it reactivated.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I am new here, it's great! I recently returned from D.r. and I connected a verizon phone bought a couple here in the us, the signal and service was great but now that I am back keeping the number was an issue. Before I left I went to the main verizon branch in Santa Domingo to hook up another phone for my taxi driver and they were telling me about a new service where you can keep the same number and service on for 1 year, they did not speak much english so it was kind of difficult to understand the plan but it seemed very good. It cost around 900 pesos and that included some time also.

I guess the nam1 and 2 is an option but the verizon people in the states could not give me any good info on the system in the dr. I was trying to activate a regular verizon phone with a 809 area code to use in the states and d.r. no luck.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Very Important! Make sure they activate the phone in your name. plenty of phone thefts.

How much do they charge in d.r. to unlock the sim based phones?

Post Thanks / Like

Q - does anyone know a decent Orange provider in the Puerto Plata area that I could pick-up a sim for as I have an unlocked GSM phone.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Casa de Campo/REal estate

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Every time i go to the D.R and to casa de campo were i have my villa i use my centennial Phone no roaming charges!!!!a and great signal
    Kemo, this is Lucille, Please, If you know about a good deal in villa in casa de campo I will be interested in buying... I am going in 2 or 3 months from now to search and probably buy a property in punta cana or casa campo if I get a convenient deal Thank you so much...lmr369@aol.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Openspace View Post
    Q - does anyone know a decent Orange provider in the Puerto Plata area that I could pick-up a sim for as I have an unlocked GSM phone.
    Any true orange franchise shop will sell you a pre pay sim for RD$ 350.

Having worked for Orange for 1 year I would say Verizon is the best.....

for coverage in the capital.

But for things such as having a "max" plan (ie. a limitless account) or international roaming, or handset compatibility, Orange has the edge as an established worldwide GSM provider.

Just my 2 centavos.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast