Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paypal in Dominican Republic???

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paypal in Dominican Republic???

Paypal.com say the accept credits card from banks of Dominican Republic...

but they dont...

why????

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are better off asking Pay Pal that question.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you find anything out?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Camachosoft ... explain a bit more about what you are trying to do please. Where are your customers? Where do you plan on eventually retrieving the money?

If the business is US, or 1st World based, you can have customers pay you via PayPal. You need a US address for PayPal so you will look like or be a US business as far as they are concerned. Then you can transfer your income to a US account or withdraw it Worldwide with a PayPal ATM/CC, no problem, regardless of which countries are not yet on their list.

If the business is DR DR based and you need to receive payments from Dominicans with Dominican cards, scratch PayPal, or most other 1st Worls card agencies. No addresses here, no verification possibilities in most cases, so unless you have a POS swipe terminal it's a moot point.

Tom (aka XR)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

So you cannot open a domincan paypal account with a domincan bank account or credit card? A good idea would to have a US PayPal account (requires a credit card with a US billing address and a US bank account) and then have a domincan personal PayPal account. Customer pays your US PayPal account, you pay your domincan PayPal account and can easily withdraw it to your bank account in the Dominican instead of dealing with the funds going into a US Bank account, being wired, or hit with bad currency conversion from the PayPal atm / debit card.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope.

At last I checked you can not withdraw anything to a Dominican account. Period. But, U.S. bank accounts are available to non-U.S. residents. So, as I posted, you get a U.S. address, as one from EPS for example, and a U.S. bank account from someone like ISPBANK.NET or a value-stored credit card like from WIREDPLASTIC.COM and then, and only then provide that info to PayPal to set up your U.S.presence. In 3-months you will be able to get a PayPal ATM/Debit card or Credit Card to withdraw yourmoney at any ATM worldwide. Even in the D.R.

Tom (aka XR)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have experience with optaining a PayPal debit card this way? I am about 15 days away from trying.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes.Just follow the steps above. US Bank account or stored-value credit card, then PayPal account, then 3moslater PayPal debit card.

Have fun!

Tom (aka XR)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the two links. Do you have any breif information about ISPBank? Also does wiredplastic require you to be a US citizen? I know I can spend 10 minutes on both sites and find out but I prefer to ask here first for personal experiences

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I already got the US PayPal account, just waiting for the debit card option to show up in 15 days.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast