Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Club for my young children

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a Club for my young children

I am looking for a place in Santiago (A Club) where my young children who are under 9 years old can do various activities such as tennis, basketball, natation, soccer, baseball etc.

They call those places (A Club). I have visited a few but the inscription fees were around 30,000 pesos which is just about $800 way 2 expensive (at least for me it is) and the monthly fees were around 700 pesos (I can deal with the monthly fee) on top of that I will need to know someone who is already a member in that club to get those prices otherwise the inscription fee will be higher.

Would you happen to know some clubs where the inscription fee is not that high?
    If you do, please provide address, phone number, price etc...

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Gurabito? Amaprosan?

ONLY two options..

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure I understand your question Hillbilly.
    Jeijei

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Hillbilly's response was more of a statement, as those are the only two options you have in Santiago in that price range/social strata. When I moved here 7+ years ago with 3 sons we joined Amaprosan. It was useful for them making friends and they have baseball/basketball/swimming/tennis etc. as well as a pool and a decent enough kitchen to hang out and have a couple of cold ones and socialize.

5. Likes arrugala liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes....I wonder where you went first???

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not right nor legal to club your children, so don't look for a club to do it with!
    Der Fish

Post Thanks / Like

That is so not right!!! Although as a parent I have often wanted to find a club!!! Who hasn't???? She is looking for a club for the kids, not a club to take to the kids, but a club to take the kids to....okay???????? I know you were playing with words...JEJE

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    I think Hillbilly's response was more of a statement, as those are the only two options you have in Santiago in that price range/social strata. When I moved here 7+ years ago with 3 sons we joined Amaprosan. It was useful for them making friends and they have baseball/basketball/swimming/tennis etc. as well as a pool and a decent enough kitchen to hang out and have a couple of cold ones and socialize.
    Is there any that cost above 30k RD$ to become a member of, I don't want my kids hanging out with just anyone..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

sayonara?you could TRY to get into centro espanol, but probably wouldnīt get accepted. theyre elitist but not ridiculous.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Great, I went out to check out Gurabito and Amaprosan, they are pretty much the same price.
    Gurabito is asking 30,000 pesos +700 pesos monthly plus 1200 pesos for swimming lessons per child.
    Amaprosan is asking 25, 000 +800 pesos monthly plus you have to pay 1000 pesos for swimming lessons per child.
    In both cases I will need to find 3 people who are already a member to sign my application which will be a problem since I donīt know any members.
    Hillbilly, Redscot based on your experience which one is the best Gurabito or Amaprosan. Please explain your choice.

Jeijei

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast