Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: little league World Series

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default little league World Series

Does the DR participate in the little league World Series? If not, why don't they? You would think that they would have a very competitive team.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default They Have

In the past they have, I believe the team for the Caribbean this year is Venezuela. Also, in the past there have been questions concerning the age of some of the Dominican players.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drtampa View Post
    In the past they have, I believe the team for the Caribbean this year is Venezuela. Also, in the past there have been questions concerning the age of some of the Dominican players.
    There is always a question about the age of dominicans. My grandma has been the same age for yrs

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

there is a carribean champ Curacao, Netherland Antilles and a Latin American champ which is Venezuela this year........

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down very sad!!!

Eight years to this day the Rolando paulino Little league has cast a shadow of mistrust and suspicion when it comes to Dominican baseball in the U.S. they have not made things right with the community, and we have heard no apology from neither the league for embarrasing the country, nor any from Almonte as well...they alone have cast a cloud of bad luck over our now sinking baseball programs,... and major league baseball players who have been caught cheating in and out the field! does not help as well...it's sad to see that there is no Dominican representation for our national sport in amateur events such as the LLWS, the Junior LLWS, Senior LLWS, the olympic baseball teams, softball teams etc...again and I've said this in this site several times with millions of us in the island and in the U.S. we still contnue to under achieve and we have not gathered together to fix and find solutions to our athletic issues at least! I mean you can't blame goverment for this....do we not have anymore national pride!!! other then beer and bachata!....have we lost our self respect and don't give three you know wht about our pride and reputation? Hopefully someone in charge of D.R. athletics can read this, and step up and make sure that when it comes to our national sport we should be represented and well trained prepared and respected!!!!....and to insure that our reputation of being fraudulant and down right cheaters are erased from peoples minds both in the island and in the international community as well...Look we at best need our baseball teams out there anywhere...this year was a disgrace!! we are alot more talented than that, I mean please Mexico, Curacao, Hawaii etc over us in baseball I mean what's next Saudi arabians better then us in bachata and merengue..I can't take anymore...people let's wake the hell up!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by daddy1 View Post
    I mean please Mexico, Curacao, Hawaii etc over us in baseball I mean what's next Saudi arabians better then us in bachata and merengue..I can't take anymore...people let's wake the hell up![/B]
    uuumm, Curacao(mi otro pais) always had a great little league team

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

almost every year Curacao are in the Series. with domincans it seems like politics and defections are the 2 biggest hurdles to Little League.....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Daddy1 I thought The Danny Almonte team was not a Dominican team, but a US team from The Bronx.

The little league "world series" is a joke as some of the best teams don't participate. It's basically a bunch of US teams playing a team (not their best teams either) from a few other countries. Where's The DR, Cuba, Puerto Rico, etc?

Curacao? No offense, but I think we can put together a team in Cotui alone that will beat these kids.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by suarezn View Post
    Daddy1 I thought The Danny Almonte team was not a Dominican team, but a US team from The Bronx.

The little league "world series" is a joke as some of the best teams don't participate. It's basically a bunch of US teams playing a team (not their best teams either) from a few other countries. Where's The DR, Cuba, Puerto Rico, etc?

Curacao? No offense, but I think we can put together a team in Cotui alone that will beat these kids.
    How dare you, you have insulted my father's country!!!!!!!! I challenge you to a duel

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo900 View Post
    uuumm, Curacao(mi otro pais) always had a great little league team
    Con ta bai?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast