Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Felix Sanchez wins gold for the Dominican Republic in 400m hurdles in London

Post Thanks / Like

weightlifters from Kazackstan??? got 250,000$$$

John Boyter?? If you ever saw where that young lady trains you would probably faint, vomit or cry...None of the US, China or any European would even enter that gym....pathetic...

For those who think it is all roses: Gabby Douglas' mother had to file for bankruptcy this year. That might be a thing of the past if Gabby's agent has anything to do with it.
    The Lochte's are in danger of foreclosure of their home in Florida....

All is not well in paradise. Team GB spent 100 million pounds, the RD$68 million (supposedly) that's chicken feed....

Know you all: The DR has the potential to be greater than Cuba, if things were done right!!

HB

Moderator DR1.com

2. Likes John Boyter liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post

John Boyter?? If you ever saw where that young lady trains you would probably faint, vomit or cry...None of the US, China or any European would even enter that gym....pathetic...

For those who think it is all roses: Gabby Douglas' mother had to file for bankruptcy this year. That might be a thing of the past if Gabby's agent has anything to do with it.

All is not well in paradise. Team GB spent 100 million pounds, the RD$68 million (supposedly) that's chicken feed....

Know you all: The DR has the potential to be greater than Cuba, if things were done right!!

HB
    Yes it is amazing that she came that far. I did not imply that is what not a great acomplishment. Just that she had the potential to do better. She was also unlucky. About the US athletes going broke despite winning gold medals I have no idea.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Felix and Luguelin are gonna have a nice sancocho waiting for them..

5. Likes bronzeallspice liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post

HB
    I think only real athletes and olympians knows how tough it is and what it takes. Did you ever train as hard as any of them? You sound like you tried it yourself. I have myself have no idea. Just did sports on intermediate level

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this is a country with so many different extraordinary sides FELIX SANCHEZ NÚMERO UNO !

8. Likes bronzeallspice liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Amu
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Such an emotional moment!! i did shed a few tears, lol.

11. Likes bronzeallspice, Auryn, AlterEgo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Felicidades Felix!

I am happy for the Dominican Republic since they won a gold. The USA won countless gold medals this year and that has made me happy. I was waiting for the Dominican Republic to win one too since I love that country also.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Felix Sanchez brought a lot of positive attention to such a great country. He is an inspiration and I hope he is starting a tradition of track and field being superior in the DR just like baseball is. Dominican baseball players are second to none, possibly track will be the same way in the future. I know it is possible

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

While i know everything is subject to interpretation, I have always thought the strongest most consistent olympic team sport in the DR was Women's volleyball.

They are in the Quarter Finals tomorrow at 2:00 PM against the consensus team to beat, USA.

I hope both teams have great games and may both teams athletes do their respective countries proud.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast