Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dominicans in Arizona.. Where are you!?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominicans in Arizona.. Where are you!?

My family and I moved here from NYC 8 months ago, we have slowly convinced members of our family to move here too. We would really like to get together with other Dominicans but not sure where to look. Also I would like to know if any business establishments have been opened by Dominicans (dominican food, hair salons, etc?)

How are dominicans moving here to arizona able to find the products and services they are used to?

Let me know. Thanks
    Last edited by NYCDominican; 07-08-2005 at 08:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican in Arizona

Hey there NYCDominican, I'm a fellow New York City Dominican. My family and I moved here from New Jersey in October, 2004. Interesting you should ask about the Dominican population out here. There are lots of East Coasters out here and they miss our Dominican food. Thinking about opening up a "Floridita" style Dominican restaurant. Shoot me an email, interested in hearing how you guys are adjusting to Arizona.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

That must be a big adjustment... NYC/Jersey to Arizona...

Post Thanks / Like

Ity must be interesting, that's for sure.
    Yes, there are several Dominicans there in Arizona. Dr. Severino is there and working with doctors here in Santiago. Ozzie Virgil--father and son-- are there..

The cuisine is domininated by Mexxican fare (and centralamerican stuff as well)

My wife nixxed (BIIGTIME) a move to go there for two years. Saw pictures of the place (Phoenix) and said "No way I'm leaving the greenery of Santiago, even for all that money, and live in that ugly place!!"

I'll get Severino's contact infor for you if you want.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Wink We are here!!!

Hello,

I am a Dominican from NY and along w/about 200 other dominicans in the east valley. We all live around Mesa, Gilbert and Queen Creek area. We have family members with a car dealer, Allstate insurance agencies(3) and a restaurant in scottsdale serving dominican cuisine on thurs and sundays. Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like to meet or talk: krystal1love@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Krystal,

If by any chance you still reside in AZ, would you mind sharing your knowledge of any good hair dressers that you have been privy to?

I moved to AZ approximately ten years ago from NYC, and have been blessed to call the North East Valley home since then. Although I love living here in sunny AZ, I miss the essence of what makes our culture so unique: the food, our great music, and the feeling you get when you surrounded by a close Dominican community.

I have had a Puerto Rican hairstylist who was ironically from NYC as well, but he will be moving to CA for the opportunity of a lifetime. So although I am a ten year AZ veteran, I feel like I am starting from scratch all over again when it comes to my hair care needs. Any feedback you may have would definitely be appreciated and welcomed.

Best Regards,
    Jacqueline

Post Thanks / Like

Default Im new to arizona

I just moved here from Los Angeles, CA. Im puerto rican and black but I think of Domincans as my brothers and sisters too. I just wanted to know If there was any rican/ domincan presence in Phoenix, AZ. I live in Glendale.

Post Thanks / Like

I am Puerto Rican but have always been around Dominicans. I have run into a few out here in Surprise & El Mirage. I have heard that a couple of Dominican guys work at the barber shop down the street from me. I would def like to meet some people. It would be nice to be around people that are more like me

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican Restaurant?

There was mention of a Dominican restaurant in Scottsdale? Could someone give me more info on that, or any other restaurant in the east valley? My fiance (he's dominican I am not) moved here for me and I know he misses the food and having his family and friends around. I would love to be able to find a place to take him as a surprise!

Thanks!
    Last edited by AnnaC; 05-08-2009 at 09:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominicans in AZ

You can find more information at
    MySpace.com - Mangú Ent. ©® - 98 - Male - SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - www.myspace.com/mangu_az
    www.dominicanflave.com

Dominican festival in Phoenix is usually the third Sartuday or Sunday in February.

La Taverna
    2515 N. Scottsdale Rd
    Scottsdale, AZ 85257
    480-247-8117
    call in advance and make reservation

La Taverna also has a Latin night on Saturdays will meet most of the Dominicans that live here there.

Baseball games on sundays too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast