Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Dominicanos en Los Angeles?

Post Thanks / Like

eyyyy klok!!! -- I aint dominican but i love the Dominican Republic. I was just in Najayo (san cristobal) this past march teaching! --and oh gosh i wish i was dominican!-- I've met a few dominicano aqui en los angeles- but i would love to get in touch with more here in san diego-- I go to college here at the University of California San Diego (also known as UCSD) in La Jolla- and i've never seen a dominican- i think im the only one around here who stays repp'n (representing)the DR everywhere i go! no joke i got mad dominican pride for someone who aint even dominican lol-- anyways i would love to get in touch with you guys. i know these post are from 03-05 but heyy.... i need to be with my dominicanos!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you care?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominicans everywhere!

Hi Stephanie! There is Club Caribe, a Dominican night club in Chula Vista. Also check DOMINICANOSenCalifornia.Com and you'll find Dominican business and links to Facebook pages and groups (it hasnt been updated in a while though). If you come to the LA area there is Club Blend on Thursday, Dominican food at Vasilios Night Club on Saturdays, and the Dominican restaurant Mama Fina Tuesday-Sunday. There are LOTS of Dominicans in SD and LA! Thank you for your interest in the Dominican community

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going over to LA next Sunday to vote, I'm pretty sure a bunch of Dominicans from the West Coast will do the same...

Post Thanks / Like

There is a place in Orange County called Tapas, it is the best place to go in LA, they play great salsa, merengue and especially bachata.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Heredia View Post
    I've lived in L.A. for three years. I've met 2 Dominicans. I'm originally from NYC. If you live in L.A. or in the area, drop me an email at dheredia4@yahoo.com It's depressing that some people in California don't even know what Domincans are. At the drive thru at Taco bell the other day, this guy asked me what flag I was representing on a T-shirt meant. When I replied La Republica Dominicana, He said, and I quote " What's that."
    Dude, I don't know where you lived at but you was in the wrong hood. I'm born and bred in Los Angeles, 2nd generation from Santiago DLC, half Black, DR, and everything else and you may have been in like somewhere in Downtown L.A. where I (unfortunately) reside at. You gotta go to my real home, South Central, Exposition Park. What, you afraid? j/k

Post Thanks / Like

Un saludo a todos!

It seems like there has been a little more Dominican presence in LA since this thread was last active!
    Parece que ahora hay una presencia Dominicana mas fuerte aqui en Los Angeles!

Comida

Mama Fina
    17625 Bellflower Blvd Bellflower, CA 90706
    Mama Fina Dominican Restaurant - Bellflower, CA

Lidia's Dominican Kitchen (Food Truck) in LA

Food Festival
    2043 S La Cienega Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90034
    Food Festival - Mid-City - Los Angeles, CA

Hairstylists

Dominican Elegance Salon
    5825 West Pico Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90019
    Phone number (323) 857-1500

Dominican Hairstyling
    201 N Westmoreland Ave
    Los Angeles, CA 90004
    Phone number (213) 389-7896

Dominican Beauty Salon
    8440 Laurel Canyon Blvd
    Sun Valley, CA 91352
    Phone number (818) 767-2711

Dancing

Steven's Steakhouse
    Salsa, Bachata and Merengue every night, especially Saturdays and Sundays. Live salsa bands Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Vasilio's in Downey
    Salsa, Merengue, Bachata on Thursdays and weekends.

Granada in Alhambra
    Thursdays all merengue and bachata.
    Friday and Saturday live salsa band.

Post Thanks / Like

Dancing

Steven's Steakhouse
    Salsa, Bachata and Merengue every night, especially Saturdays and Sundays. Live salsa bands Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Vasilio's in Downey

Granada in Alhambra

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup...The DR flag is not well known for I too am from NY and lived in NJ for a good 10 Years as well..Most Doms and even PR would have their annual parade in which they would attach their Home Country Flag to the hood of their car's and drive around all day/night until next Morning...However, the PR flag is wel known because its really apart of the States, but as you stated, the DR is not, kind of strange after all of these Years..

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by David Heredia View Post
    I've lived in L.A. for three years. I've met 2 Dominicans. I'm originally from NYC. If you live in L.A. or in the area, drop me an email at dheredia4@yahoo.com It's depressing that some people in California don't even know what Domincans are. At the drive thru at Taco bell the other day, this guy asked me what flag I was representing on a T-shirt meant. When I replied La Republica Dominicana, He said, and I quote " What's that."

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Try going to Freeport NY of St Nicolas in Manhattan, its like little Dominican there.....Those are the 2 popular towns that DOM'S go to when moving to the States..Al they need now is a horse & buggy selling fruits and its home sweet home for them folks..

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpepper9 View Post
    Un saludo a todos!

It seems like there has been a little more Dominican presence in LA since this thread was last active!
    Parece que ahora hay una presencia Dominicana mas fuerte aqui en Los Angeles!

Comida

Mama Fina
    17625 Bellflower Blvd Bellflower, CA 90706
    Mama Fina Dominican Restaurant - Bellflower, CA

Lidia's Dominican Kitchen (Food Truck) in LA

Food Festival
    2043 S La Cienega Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90034
    Food Festival - Mid-City - Los Angeles, CA

Hairstylists

Dominican Elegance Salon
    5825 West Pico Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90019
    Phone number (323) 857-1500

Dominican Hairstyling
    201 N Westmoreland Ave
    Los Angeles, CA 90004
    Phone number (213) 389-7896

Dominican Beauty Salon
    8440 Laurel Canyon Blvd
    Sun Valley, CA 91352
    Phone number (818) 767-2711

Dancing

Steven's Steakhouse

Vasilio's in Downey

Granada in Alhambra

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast