Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best calling cards to call from Florida to DR?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best calling cards to call from Florida to DR?

Does anyone know which are the best calling cards to use when calling from Florida(orlando) to DR (to landlines and cell)
    Thanks

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Try these people, I think about 4-5c per minute to the DR.

Cheap Calling Cards

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert

Cheap Calling Cards
    Interesting link. It points out another gimmick the phone cards use. I never realized that some of them book in 3 minute increments or add on taxes (15-17%).
    Last edited by rellosk; 02-27-2006 at 07:03 AM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JC171
    Does anyone know which are the best calling cards to use when calling from Florida(orlando) to DR (to landlines and cell)
    That answer depends on whether you are calling a land line or a cell phone, will that person always be there every time you call (some cards have connection fees), how much time you will be on for each call (some cards bill in 3 minute increments, others in 20 second increments), and other factors.

You need to go into you local colmado and read the sheets for each card to determine which is best for you calling pattern.

Also, when buying the cards, be sure to understand the "Maintenance Fee" structure.

If you are making your calls from your house phone, you may want to check out www.kissld.com , they charge 12 cents a minute to the DR (landline or cell), 3 cents a minute within the US, have a service charge of $3 a month, and bill in 6 second increments.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I hope this helps

I realize you mentioned that you're calling from Orlando, but I use Miami Mundo-which has a local number when calling from Orlando, so I can only imgaine that you should be able to find it.It provides roughly 43mins to a cell;and 245mins to landline.
    Also Universal(the yellow card, not "Universal Talk") provides the same minutes with a local Orlando number.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluKris
    I realize you mentioned that you're calling from Orlando, but I use Miami Mundo-which has a local number when calling from Orlando, so I can only imgaine that you should be able to find it.It provides roughly 43mins to a cell;and 245mins to landline.
    Is this for a $2, $5, or $10 card?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert

Cheap Calling Cards
    I couldn't access the link, but is that rate also good for calls made to DR cell phones ?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElvisNYC
    I couldn't access the link, but is that rate also good for calls made to DR cell phones ?
    The link worked fine for me. Try cutting and pasting the link into you browser.

The site lists about 20 different cards. For USA to DR cell phones, the cheapest rate is 7 cents a minute. Make sure you read all the fine print.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Phone cards suck. I got a deal with my local phone company (sbc) - I can call there for .17 a minute. I've found that it is cheaper than a calling card due to the crazy per connect fees.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mamilinda
    Phone cards suck. I got a deal with my local phone company (sbc) - I can call there for .17 a minute. I've found that it is cheaper than a calling card due to the crazy per connect fees.
    I agree with you assessment of phone cards.

Is your SBC deal from your home phone or your cell phone? If it's the former you can do better with KissLD.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast