Page 122 of 429 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 4281

Thread: Recession of 2008 and impact on the DR

On Probation...
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, here we go again. NOW, I like Ikea and big gas-guzzling SUVs, BUT still many of these things are not economic indicators guys. It's more of a fashion mode. The same 5% will be the ones with the majority purchasing power. Economic growth is based on SO much more than retail expansion (although it's a prime indicator). I just don't see the expansion. I see the drug cash ladened in banks across the country and in people's pockets, but the same percentage of the population remains in deep poverty and the middle class simply CANNOT generate enough income to shop at PriceSmart or Ikea. Salaries across the board have NOT moved in years.

I am so confused Pichardo. I know you read the book "How to lie with Charts" --

Even though superior info on the import tax and the new cars!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    . I see the drug cash ladened in banks across the country and in people's pockets, but the same percentage of the population remains in deep poverty and the middle class simply CANNOT generate enough income to shop at PriceSmart or Ikea. Salaries across the board have NOT moved in years.

I am so confused Pichardo. I know you read the book "How to lie with Charts" --

Even though superior info on the import tax and the new cars!
    What do you mean by salaries across the board have not moved in years- explain?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

superior info on the import tax and the new cars!
    Only NEW ones? Not applied to used autos?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Afgan View Post
    Was this nice fact oficially announced somewhere, somehow, by somebody?
    yep. the week before Thanksgiving it was announced by the US Chamber of Commerce. The Recession is over based on 2 consecutive quarters of growth of the DJIA.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    yep. the week before Thanksgiving it was announced by the US Chamber of Commerce. The Recession is over based on 2 consecutive quarters of growth of the DJIA.

So, we are again rich and happy?

What a relief!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Afgan View Post
    So, we are again rich and happy?

What a relief!!!
    Well hold there a minute. There's a difference between recession and recovery. We are merely entering the recovering phase, the market is not falling but is not rising as quickly as we would like. Unemployment is still on the rise and it may be so for next six (6) months or perhaps longer...so hold on to your can under the mattress.

On Probation...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willowtears View Post
    Well hold there a minute. There's a difference between recession and recovery. We are merely entering the recovering phase, the market is not falling but is not rising as quickly as we would like. Unemployment is still on the rise and it may be so for next six (6) months or perhaps longer...so hold on to your can under the mattress.
    I'm sorry, but to WHAT COUNTRY are you referring? Or are you speaking on a global scale. This debate is geared toward the global (and US) recession's effect on DR (if any).

Where are PedroChem, Cobra and Pichardo???

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading Suggestion - This is an article from The Economist (11/13/09)

United States: Square-root reversal | The Economist

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but to WHAT COUNTRY are you referring? Or are you speaking on a global scale. This debate is geared toward the global (and US) recession's effect on DR (if any).

Where are PedroChem, Cobra and Pichardo???
    Pardon me??? I'm confuse. If I understand your question correctly, your just speaking about how the global recession had an effect in DR's economy? is this what your telling me?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I just realize how OLD this post is!