Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian killed in Punta Cana

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beating death?

Does anyone have details on the young Canadian guy who was beaten to death when he tried to intervene when seeing a Dominican girl being assaulted?
    Where was this?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It was in Punta Cana and hasn't been confirmed but it was a 19 year old guy from Barrie Ontario, and the assaulter were from Quebec x three.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

He got into a fight with 3 fellow Canadian tourists, when he confronted a man hitting a woman.

Jordan Morrison, of Barrie, Ont., is seen in this undated image.

"According to the stories told to his friends, Mr. Morrison had intervened to defend a woman during an argument when three fellow Canadian tourists from Quebec ganged up on him.

Monette said four Canadian citizens have been detained by police in the Dominican, but could not provide any other details.
    The alleged altercation took place in a bar at the Grand Paradise Bavaro resort."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If this is confirmed, it doesn't say much for these 3 tourists, I hope they are prosicuted.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Canadian killed in Punta Cana

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sad, he was so young.

JJ

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

So sad and tragic for the young man (and his family) who may have been trying to do the right thing. More and more each day, I wonder what our world is coming to. As being a long time silent reader of DR1 and more recently a poster, there are so many discussions about safety in the DR, but I am wondering if we are safe anymore, anywhere. This story also hits home and the heart, my youngest son also has aspergers and I can see him doing the same thing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how this will be prosecuted because it was a Canadian tourist killed by a group of other Canadians in the Dominican Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

There is only 1 way it should be prosecuted...It happened in Dominican Republic, so DR law should darned well prevail... Would one expect a US citizen killing another US citizen in Toronto be subject to US Laws?

EDinNB

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast