Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Approved Loan for solar panels in schools

  1. #1
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Approved Loan for solar panels in schools




    Santo Domingo

    The Chamber of Deputies approved a loan of 5.9 million euros that will run the Ministry of Education to install solar panels on schools included in the PIM-Learn program.
    Also, the deputies committee sent two loans totaling $ 44 million to address natural disasters and emergency recovery.
    The loan of about 5.9 million euros will be made to the Official Credit Institute of Spain. It was submitted by the Ministry of Finance and approved by the Senate.
    They were sent to committee for study a loan of U.S. $ 20 million signed with the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development of the United States to finance the project management of disaster and emergency recovery, and another loan of U.S. $ 24 million, which will be used to implement the project facility will support insurance catastrophic disaster emergency materials.
    Another commission approved program sent to the project for the Ministry of Education is that the school curriculum includes the subject of road safety education, implementing a program of gradual training from basic to high school levels.
    The deputies also approved raising the status of the municipal district La Canela to municipality in Santiago.
    Wage distortion
    Moreover, Congress begins on Wednesday to correct the distortion of public sector wage system of the country where officials are earning ten times what it's budgeted to the President of the Republic. Many officials receive more for entertainment expenses and other compensations than its nominal wages, are recorded huge differences in salaries of officials of equal rank, even in the same ministry and there are very high wage levels.
    The project, which sits in the Senate, will be known today by the Commission on Social Security and Labour of the Legislature.

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    11,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It would be fascinating to know how much they are overpaying for solar panels.

    So the legislature will be voting to reduce their own salary and graft? That is funny. Let us know how that goes.

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    It would be fascinating to know how much they are overpaying for solar panels.

    So the legislature will be voting to reduce their own salary and graft? That is funny. Let us know how that goes.

    I can bet you it will be a lot less than what the US taxpayer shelled out to Solyndra (Solyndra Bankruptcy: Big Name Investors to Recoup Losses Before Taxpayers in Obama's Failed Green Tech Bet | Swampland | TIME.com)...

    And the cuts? Well, let's just say that there are janitors and custodials making over 200k a year in NYC public schools for kicks... ("
    The minimum pay for a first-year custodial "engineer" (LOL) is almost $80,000 a year. Twenty janitors in the New York system make over 140,000 base pay and are able to pad that beyond 200-grand."
    )New York City school janitors cleaning up with extra work, earning higher pay than teachers - NYPOST.com

    You see, it's not uncommon to happen, but in the DR it's peanuts by any comparison to the big boys!


    So your point was what again?

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    11,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    I can bet you it will be a lot less than what the US taxpayer shelled out to Solyndra (Solyndra Bankruptcy: Big Name Investors to Recoup Losses Before Taxpayers in Obama's Failed Green Tech Bet | Swampland | TIME.com)...

    And the cuts? Well, let's just say that there are janitors and custodials making over 200k a year in NYC public schools for kicks... ("
    The minimum pay for a first-year custodial "engineer" (LOL) is almost $80,000 a year. Twenty janitors in the New York system make over 140,000 base pay and are able to pad that beyond 200-grand."
    )New York City school janitors cleaning up with extra work, earning higher pay than teachers - NYPOST.com

    You see, it's not uncommon to happen, but in the DR it's peanuts by any comparison to the big boys!


    So your point was what again?
    My point was not that it happens "everywhere" ,but how much exactly will the DR by paying for each solar panel?

    Secondly how much will the legislature actually reduce their own graft and corruption in proportion to the normal salaries in the DR?

  5. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    My point was not that it happens "everywhere" ,but how much exactly will the DR by paying for each solar panel?

    Secondly how much will the legislature actually reduce their own graft and corruption in proportion to the normal salaries in the DR?

    Well, knowing the DR as we all do and the rates, I think a 20% cut for the middle people will be in the works in the case of the panels.

    For the gov wages? That's to be seen when Danilo takes over, since it was part of the things he said he would take care of. He said he wasn't going to cut lots of public (gov) jobs, sending more and more people to the jobless line, but to reduce the overall costs behind human resources in the Gov to practical and competitive levels to that of the private sector.

    Can we believe such things? Well! We're all to find out soon!

    What "they" honchos in congress are doing, is nothing more than pre-shaving the shocking tags prior to Danilo's mowing down the long grass blades...

    They figure that if they don't look so inflated to that of the private sector, odds will be they'll be within the height of his sharp mower blades!

  6. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    11,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I do not expect the DR will ever have Civil Service jobs based upon merit instead of only political patronage jobs based upon for whom you voted.

  7. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I do not expect the DR will ever have Civil Service jobs based upon merit instead of only political patronage jobs based upon for whom you voted.

    You don't but I and a lot of Dominicans do! It just takes time to have it in place!

  8. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    11,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    You don't but I and a lot of Dominicans do! It just takes time to have it in place!
    None of us currently alive have that kind of time.

  9. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    None of us currently alive have that kind of time.

    Oh! It's not going to be so far in the future!

    Money ran out already, time to pay the pied piper... It's a great catalysts!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •