Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taina Mirabal

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The KKK poster was outrageous. How did she justify it?(or did she bother?) Can someone give a brief run down on what the articles say in English?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I am interested to hear from someone who has seen the film. Please report back.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The Haitian moderator that jickacked the Wikipedia article on DR placed that same thing that this stupid bee itch is saying. That Duarte was " a racist and Trinitaria inspired the KKK".

After long protests by Dominicans, some other moderator ( Puerto Rican, I think), took it off. But still, the Article is still very biased and " Haiti-centric".

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asopao View Post
    The Haitian moderator that jickacked the Wikipedia article on DR placed that same thing that this stupid bee itch is saying. That Duarte was " a racist and Trinitaria inspired the KKK".

After long protests by Dominicans, some other moderator ( Puerto Rican, I think), took it off. But still, the Article is still very biased and " Haiti-centric".
    It's amazing that at a time when the two governments of the island finally stop being at each others throat and are building good relationships that will lead to greater cooperation and progress in the future; now we have people trying to create more discord between these two countries AND, at the same time, disrespecting and attacking the very foundation of the Dominican Republic based on wishful thinking and lies!

Maybe Hispaniola is destined to always be an island in conflict between its two versions of it self, because when its not one thing creating discord and division its something or someone else!

-NALs

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre of the Caribbean View Post
    The KKK poster was outrageous. How did she justify it?(or did she bother?) Can someone give a brief run down on what the articles say in English?
    I'm sure she justified it with ignorance, like most people that criticize the DR without ever having lived here among the people. The problem is these people have an agenda and are willing to dismiss the obvious positvie racial relations here in the DR in favor of questionable and numerically minor racial instances. The fact is there are few countries in the world with a population as racially mixed as the DR. The true test of racism is the lack of intermarrying between races and few if any countries will have more intermarried couples (or common law) percentage wise than the DR (don't ask me for references, just come and live here and see for yourself).

I also believe Taina is Dominican because she calls Dominicans her "people". However, I believe she has been caught up in the unfortunate destructive American habit of being so focused on "where her ancestors came from", which in my opinion is every bit as racial as the Nazis. Sometimes I wonder if people can even see this.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Taina Mirabal

She did not say anything ridiculous!! She might be right!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chikivb View Post
    She did not say anything ridiculous!! She might be right!!
    Really????!!!! Anyone who equates the KKK with the Trinitaria is obviously misinformed at best. Why would I know this? - well I grew up in South Carolina and I'm white and I'm well versed in what they believe and I'm even certain that I probably have known card carrying members. Believe me, they have about as much in common as night and day, sorry - nice try though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default http://www.tonyconelpueblo.tv/noticias.php?topic=Internacional&id=75

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Really????!!!! Anyone who equates the KKK with the Trinitaria is obviously misinformed at best. Why would I know this? - well I grew up in South Carolina and I'm white and I'm well versed in what they believe and I'm even certain that I probably have known card carrying members. Believe me, they have about as much in common as night and day, sorry - nice try though.

http://www.tonyconelpueblo.tv/notici...nacional&id=75

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

This is nothing but a weak attempt at trying to get attention by being controversial. Next!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Why has he/she not commented negatively about Sánchez , Mella and Luperón but only Duarte. Me thinks this person is the racist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast