Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liquor Licenses Coming Soon??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Liquor Licenses Coming Soon??

There is a proposal to issue liquor licenses, which grant permission to sell, to businesses.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/loc...-alcohol-sales

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default And they will enforce drunk driving laws

http://almomento.net/articulo/114297/Controlaran-consumo-bebidas-alcoholicas

Google translation of the above site:

SANTO DOMINGO. - President Leonel Fernandez submitted yesterday to the Senate a bill which would be controlled by the sale, supply and consumption of alcoholic beverages in the Dominican Republic.
    If approved, would be regulated the sale or consumption in public places, except by permission of the authorities.The piece seeks to ban the sale within 50 meters of residential and school areas, and establish a schedule for businesses that sell them.It also imposed penalties on drunk drivers with fines ranging from two to 50 minimum wages and imprisonment for six days to six months. Repeat offenses would be punishable by fines of from 4 to 100 minimum wages and imprisonment for six months to two years.
    The legislation would prohibit the sale, sale or provision of free alcoholic beverages to persons visibly intoxicated, who are under significant effect of psychotropic drugs and people with obvious mental retardation.
    This prohibition includes under 18 and students in uniform, despite being older.
    Also prohibit the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages in places that encourage antisocial behavior and the dissemination of music above permitted levels and noise emissions or obstruction of public roads.The project will go immediately to a Senate committee study. To be become law must be approved in two readings by the Senate, and subsequently by the House of Representatives in two readings.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Controlling alcohol distribution will have a PROFOUND effect on the DR.

Especially if they limit the supply of said licenses, or make the regulations so tough only a few can comply.

Before coming to the DR I had a sports bar in Largo FL with a 4COP license (full liquor.) The license alone was worth $200,000.

They'll need to really ramp up enforcement for drinking/driving. That will take a lot of manpower and $$$ to pull off.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never understood why fines are always "X amount of minimum wages"

Why not just say 50K to 500K?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    [seeks to ban the sale within 50 meters of residential ]
    That's the one that jumps out for me. Depending on how they define a residential area, that could be a biggie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    That's the one that jumps out for me. Depending on how they define a residential area, that could be a biggie.
    I am thinking with colmados (the ones already in residential neighborhoods) they will still be selling and delivering but there won't be any drinking at their location.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dr

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    There is a proposal to issue liquor licenses, which grant permission to sell, to businesses.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/loc...-alcohol-sales
    The fascists, communists, and statists are at it again. Anything to steal the wealth of the populace and control people. Is it me or the DR government increasingly attempting to implement idiotic nonsense that plagues the US ???

Liquour licenses ???? for what possible purpose or benefit ?? other than to raise revenue to pay off the interest on the massive WorldBank, IMF debt or to fleece the sheep in order to steal it.

this idea is ridiculous and the only thing its going to do is drive up the costs of doing business, increase unemployment, overly burden the neighborhood colmado/bar, and engender corruption.
    - a whole new wealth destroying bureaucracy will be needed to administer the licenses !!!.

Ken
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdolo View Post
    The fascists, communists, and statists are at it again. Anything to steal the wealth of the populace and control people. Is it me or the DR government increasingly attempting to implement idiotic nonsense that plagues the US ???

Liquour licenses ???? for what possible purpose or benefit ?? other than to raise revenue to pay off the interest on the massive WorldBank, IMF debt or to fleece the sheep in order to steal it.

this idea is ridiculous and the only thing its going to do is drive up the costs of doing business, increase unemployment, overly burden the neighborhood colmado/bar, and engender corruption.
    - a whole new wealth destroying bureaucracy will be needed to administer the licenses !!!.
    The sort of knee jerk reaction that is all to common on dr1.

There is a lot in the description that windeguy posted that makes good sense, as far as I am concerned. Why would any argue against banning sales of liquor to young children, toughening penalties on drunk drivers, continuing to sell booze to people already drunk, requiring bars to keep the music volume down, etc.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Every day some jack ass politician or beauracrat needs to justify their existence by making some stupid law to control the people. I remember when I went to college in Florida everybody was drinking on campus so the new chief made it law that to have a party you need a 'social gathering permit' and campus security needs to be present. Also no keg beer allowed only cases. Result. Everybody started partying off campus and drinking and driving accidents, non-existent before, shot through the roof. Another victory for statists and a loss to the people and common sense.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    The sort of knee jerk reaction that is all to common on dr1.

There is a lot in the description that windeguy posted that makes good sense, as far as I am concerned. Why would any argue against banning sales of liquor to young children, toughening penalties on drunk drivers, continuing to sell booze to people already drunk, requiring bars to keep the music volume down, etc.
    Its already against the law to sell liquor to children, 'toughening' the laws on drunk driving is like multiplying x 0. And you can already get music turned down via local police. We dont need new laws, we need enforcement of existing laws.

11. Likes drstock, mido, Aguaita29, cobraboy liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast