Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountainannie's Blog

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    it was not an article by Will but rather an appearance on the Sunday morning talk show.. As I stated And I thought I was clear that what I objected to was his Tone of Voice.. as in sneer..

The article by Robles.. who is not under a lot of heat at the Herald-- as she is covering this story for them... was the source of a fairly large protest within Michele Wucker;s Dominican list serv which was very active back them. The head of Dominican studies was accused of racism...

did you read it?

I do not think that there is such a thing as White Blood

Perhaps white blood cells?

never heard of any color of blood except red.
    True right, we all bleed red and we are all part of the human race. What's your take on why this case is drawing so much interest? It's not like there isn't senseless killing going on every day. Lots of black on black, white on white, black on white, and actually not much white on black killing going on in the USA these days. I'm sure Obama isn't going to phone the mothers of the two killed and 12 wounded Black on Black shooting that just occurred. Politically motivated phone calls? Yes I did read your links. I have a different take on most of life than you have.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Only now got a chance to watch the video. Very interesting. Hope those that don't like so many Haitians in the DR put their money where their mouth is. May be a drop in the bucket, but life changing for those able to participate.

I do have questions about the return rate, which may be monitored through the fingerprinting?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by La Rubia View Post
    Only now got a chance to watch the video. Very interesting. Hope those that don't like so many Haitians in the DR put their money where their mouth is. May be a drop in the bucket, but life changing for those able to participate.

I do have questions about the return rate, which may be monitored through the fingerprinting?
    I do not think that we are going to be able to proceed with this project now because of the reactivation of cholera on the Haitian side. There are an expected 200,000 deaths this year. I could not recommend that any Haitian leave here to return while cholera is still active there so I will advise them not to co operate with this project.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think that we are going to be able to proceed with this project now because of the reactivation of cholera on the Haitian side. There are an expected 200,000 deaths this year. I could not recommend that any Haitian leave here to return while cholera is still active there so I will advise them not to co operate with this project.
    What a roller coaster, or series of from bad to worse events.

Don't know what continues to keep you going, but hope you find enough of it on a daily basis to keep you going.

7. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There are an expected 200,000 deaths this year.
    Holy smoke!!

Is that right?
    They expect 200,000 people to die this year from easily treatable cholera?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Treatable and preventable with proper hygiene.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast