Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Embassy in Haiti & Visas

Post Thanks / Like

The first team of Canadian aid workers are ready to go CTV News | DART recon team en route to Haiti, C-17, choppers ready

My thoughts and prayers are with those who have family there as well as all others.

Stay strong

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We will keep your family and friends in our prayers. CNN reporters were driven into city and taken through the Delmas area and it's not good. We hope your family is safe.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

BrownGirl, My thought and prayers are with you and your husband and all the people of Haiti. I am happy you were able to get through to your husband, at least for a few minutes. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now...

It's so hard to accept that we have absolutely no control over something this big.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wishing strength for Haitilee & Browngirl and any others with family in PAP.

I can't imagine how worried you have been and how happy you must have been to be able to talk to your husband even if only for a few minutes.

From watching the news tonight, it looks like the stats are likely going to get a lot worse in the next few days and I would think that the embassies will be working hard to provide refugee status to a lot of people.

May all your loved ones stay safe and hopefully you will get to talk to them again soon.

Sangria

Post Thanks / Like

Has the DR been effected at all because of the Haiti's earthquake? My prayers are with everyone in Haiti.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link for update from the CIC website. I think it was posted within the last hour or so.

Notice - Response to the earthquake in Haiti

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

on the one website it says that Canadians in Haiti for shelter and water but no other services can be provided at this time and they must have ID with them.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Haiti Travel Advice and Advisories | Government of Canada

found the link - its on the travel advisories for Haiti

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Jess and Kacy,

Thank you for the information.

MBG
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

To brown_girl103.

I have relatives in DELMAS.It hasn't been touched! Your husband should be safe!.

To everyone else the Embassy hasn't been touched either. It's in Delmas (walking distance from some of my relatives)!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast