Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Protest actions against the new residency renewal rules (vexations)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Protest actions against the new residency renewal rules (vexations)

- a lot of Germans protested at there embassy, so at 9/26/2012 the German embassy had a meeting with the director of the migracion. For example more then half of the members of the IRC (Internationaler Residenten Club) sent personal emails to the German ambassador. At the moment the result of the meeting is unknown, I don’t received any massage from them.
    - a lot of Spanish protested (see Españoles preocupados por obstáculos para renovar residencia en República Dominicana - DiarioLibre.com

but what about the big and strong America?? As I read in http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/1268...e-move-dr.html also a lot of people hate the new rules.

I think as more strong countries as United States, Canada, Italian and so on, protests against the new rules as bigger is the chance to lower the level or cancel the new vexatious and expensive rules!!

Four what do they need every 4 years a new medical examen for long time living residents?? If someone receives for example tbc or other dangerous illness here, had he leave the country?? (it is against article 9 of the international human rights!!)
    Four what do we need every 4 years a new garanteers-paper??

D.R. benefits a lot from as foreign residents (they bring money in the country, force the economic, give work to D.R.-people, buy the products of the country, pay development aid from there taxes and so on) and what is the thanks from D.R., they persecute us!!

STAND UP, DON”T LET YOURSELF PERSECUTE AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS!!

2. Likes waytogo, arrugala, kampinge, Noballs, Norberto and 2 others liked this post
    Dislikes cobraboy disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry for my english, in my post are some funny mistakes, but I think you know what I mean. (its not my native language)

I"m really surprised, 182 clicks and no responde, that means for me everthing is o.k. for you with the new rules!!

4. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post
    - a lot of Germans protested at there embassy, so at 9/26/2012 the German embassy had a meeting with the director of the migracion. For example more then half of the members of the IRC (Internationaler Residenten Club) sent personal emails to the German ambassador. At the moment the result of the meeting is unknown, I don’t received any massage from them.
    - a lot of Spanish protested (see Españoles preocupados por obstáculos para renovar residencia en República Dominicana - DiarioLibre.com

but what about the big and strong America?? As I read in http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/1268...e-move-dr.html also a lot of people hate the new rules.

I think as more strong countries as United States, Canada, Italian and so on, protests against the new rules as bigger is the chance to lower the level or cancel the new vexatious and expensive rules!!

Four what do they need every 4 years a new medical examen for long time living residents?? If someone receives for example tbc or other dangerous illness here, had he leave the country?? (it is against article 9 of the international human rights!!)

D.R. benefits a lot from as foreign residents (they bring money in the country, force the economic, give work to D.R.-people, buy the products of the country, pay development aid from there taxes and so on) and what is the thanks from D.R., they persecute us!!

Got a lady love who tells me that she can get me residency if I want. Don't know what she means exactly. She says her bro in law is abogado and these new rules that are talked about here are easy to circumvent. I'll be getting into thw process soon and keep everyone deformed.
    Der Fish

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No hay problemas.

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    She says her bro in law is abogado and these new rules that are talked about here are easy to circumvent.
    Could it be that she mentioned "no problem"?

If she did it simply means that she will not have any problems {but you will } .

donP

7. Likes waytogo, arrugala, Franz liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post

Cry me a frickin' river.

Who the f@<k are="" you="" to="" tell="" dominicans="" how="" run="" their="" country?
    k do you think YOU are to complain how DOMINICANS choose to run their country and decide who and how foreigners are allowed in?

They've been lax for YEARS in not enforcing many immigration policies, and many for YEARS-myself included-have taken advantage of that lack of enforcement to overstay a tourist visa granted by the Dominican gubmint.

NOW they want to control their borders, just like your German gubmint does-and you b!tch about it?

Yeah, it's a pain...but so what?

If you want to be here do what others-including me-are doing: shut up, get your documents together and become legit and legal.</k>

Save the histrionics for complaining about the strict GERMAN immigration policies that many immigrants think are an unfair, colossal PITA...

9. Dislikes waytogo, kampinge, Norberto, bri777, Franz disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

...."
    If you want to be here do what others-including me-are doing: shut up, get your documents together and become legit and legal."

Cobraboy, first - the here mentioned people speaking agaist this very strict new rules for a l l a r e l e g i t and l e g a l since years. Did their regularly renovations of residencia and cedula correctly all the years. I personally agree if a country will have clear rules because of the border. So that p.e. people, living here since years without
    papers now have to get their documents together. But I do not agree that we other's, doing all correct all the years, now will be treated with all this additional work. They should be able to select in another way.

And - to speak from the strict German immigration - is a poor argument. We are now discussing the
    situation h e r e in DR.

11. Likes Norberto, donP, windeguy, Franz, waytogo liked this post
    Dislikes Jenny429, Criss Colon disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sabra View Post
    ...."
    If you want to be here do what others-including me-are doing: shut up, get your documents together and become legit and legal."

Cobraboy, first - the here mentioned people speaking agaist this very strict new rules for a l l a r e l e g i t and l e g a l since years. Did their regularly renovations of residencia and cedula correctly all the years. I personally agree if a country will have clear rules because of the border. So that p.e. people, living here since years without
    papers now have to get their documents together. But I do not agree that we other's, doing all correct all the years, now will be treated with all this additional work. They should be able to select in another way.
    I assume English is not your first language and you don't know how a keyboard works, because your post is almost indecipherable.

Fact is the DR has ALWAYS been a pile of confusing, often contradicting mish-mash of inconsistently enforced laws. So what? Now they crack down and some will be mildly inconvenienced.

"Harden the f@k up!" the

Quote Originally Posted by sabra
    And - to speak from the strict German immigration - is a poor argument. We are now discussing the
    situation h e r e in DR.
    To you, maybe.

I see crass hypocrisy: you want loose immigration laws for the DR because they suit you. But you want harsh immigration laws in Germany...because THERE they suit you.

13. Dislikes Norberto, donP, sabra, Franz disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Telling the Germans to Shut Up.

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Who the f@<k are="" you="" to="" tell="" dominicans="" how="" run="" their="" country?
    k do you think YOU are to complain how DOMINICANS choose to run their country and decide who and how foreigners are allowed in?
    (...)
    If you want to be here do what others-including me-are doing: shut up, get your documents together and become legit and legal.</k>
    ... you don't know how a keyboard works...(...)
    "Harden the f@k up!" the (...)
    But you want harsh immigration laws in Germany...because THERE they suit you.
    CB, with all respect:

Those are harsh words.
    Franz and sabra are Germans and have had their residency permits for years.
    And yes, they complain about the new rules and inconvenient circumstances (like many here have and I am certain will continue to do so).
    Even the German embassy and the Spanish commerce board is having talks with 'migración' about the new procedures.
    Should they shut up, too?

Nobody tells the Dominicans how to run the state, but to speak up and air one's opinion should be welcome.

Now, if you (and Mr. Webster) keep quiet and do everything you are asked to do, that's fine.
    Others, however, should have a choice whether to follow your footsteps or not.

There is no need to tell others to shut up.

donP

15. Likes waytogo, Dandman, sylindr, kampinge, Norberto and 5 others liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

1.) you don't know how a keyboard works, because your post is almost indecipherable.

2.) But you want harsh immigration laws in Germany...because THERE they suit you.
    1.) very very easy, if I have no good answer then I say I don"t understand you
    2.) and what about the united states, if I where you I would keep very quiet, then it"s more difficult then in germany, but thats not the theme

and at least, persons like you are one of the reason that domincans think they can do with us what they want!
    Last edited by Franz; 10-04-2012 at 01:47 PM.

17. Likes waytogo, Dandman, Norberto, bri777, Derfish liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donP View Post
    CB, with all respect:

Those are harsh words.
    Franz and sabra are Germans and have had their residency permits for years.
    And yes, they complain about the new rules and inconvenient circumstances (like many here have and I am certain will continue to do so).
    Even the German embassy and the Spanish commerce board is having talks with 'migración' about the new procedures.
    Should they shut up, too?

Nobody tells the Dominicans how to run the state, but to speak up and air one's opinion should be welcome.

Now, if you (and Mr. Webster) keep quiet and do everything you are asked to do, that's fine.
    Others, however, should have a choice whether to follow your footsteps or not.

There is no need to tell others to shut up.

donP
    Just tired of the complaining, that's all.

I stand by my comments.

Folks complained when the changes were first announced and there were some minor procedural changes. But the essence of the changes stood. What's this? A second round of complaints on the same issue?

"Do what we're asked?" Huh? Our host country lays down a law based on rampant abuse and...finally...enforces something and I'm supposed to blow it off? C'Mon!

19. Dislikes kampinge disliked this post
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast