Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cost of a haircut

Post Thanks / Like

Default cost of a haircut

I have recently moved to the D.R. and i am a licensed hairstylist from canada. I have had many people asking me about what i would charge to do their hair. Seeing as it's not the same as canada i have no idea what to charge here. Any input as to what people pay for cuts (men&women) and colors would be great. THanks

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Man's -- 250 pesos
    Best haircut I get anywhere .... Cabrera

The bigger cities will be able to charge more

WW

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on what market you're catering for, it could range from around RD$100 to well over RD$1,000 and colour can cost several thousand in the good salons. Check out salons in your area and see what they're charging.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

100 pesos......

Moderator Living Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ambie999 View Post
    I have recently moved to the D.R. and i am a licensed hairstylist from canada. I have had many people asking me about what i would charge to do their hair. Seeing as it's not the same as canada i have no idea what to charge here. Any input as to what people pay for cuts (men&women) and colors would be great. THanks
    Oh, I thought you were looking to get your own hair done from the way you posted in the other thread - my misunderstanding it would seem!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You could prob do fine charging whatever you can get back home if you can make housecalls and cater to the ex-pat market. Being able to speak English alone should get you a good client base. If someone thinks Dominican women only pay 100-250 pesos for a salon visit getting their hair straightened and colored, they are completely out of touch. Spend some time getting familiar with Dominican hair products. They make some good stuff.

Another one bites the dust...
    Post Thanks / Like

I pay $100-150 pesos depending if I use a local barber or get it don't in the mall.
    My lass pays $200-300pesos for a wash and dry every week. When she gets colour put in it costs around $650pesos, when she gets her extensions put in, if she has to buy new ones it costs around $2,500pesos, with existing extensions and styling, costs around $1,000-$1,200pesos.

If you cut and style men and womans straight hair (as opposed to fuzz) then a mobile service would bring in better money, I reckon rent on a prime location would be high. Mind those free units in Zona Colonial might be cheap as they are all empty, or maybe they are empty coz they are so expensive who knows. Then again do women go to ZC to get hair cut?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

150 pesos......

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

and 50 pesos tip....

Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone you're a big help. The only non Dominican salon that i know of where i am is shut down and seeing as my spanish is not up to par i might have to get someone to ask in the dominican salon. But seeing as i would be doing mostly caucasian hair, is that like comparing apples to oranges?
    Last edited by ambie999; 10-31-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast