Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: DR is one o the World,s top retirement haven!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    Are you paying income taxes to the government on your rentals?

Of course!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Annie--

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

good for you! you are one of the few.

Forgive me if I am skeptical about LT - I lived there for two years seven years ago. My best friends still live there and I go back regularly - always have. We agree that it is a lovely town for a vacation.

I have been to lots of houses which are indeed built on the swamp in fill .. where the sewer and the well are next to one another. I have seen folks who bought property, only to find out that the title was false. I know that much of the development there has been done with black money-- what happens to an investment if the property is confiscated in a drug sweep?

One of the main attractions about LT was the 24/7 private electric - which is now very expensive. the poor cannot afford the meters at 10,000 pesos each - nor the ongoing bill. But you will see lots of street lights all over Playa Ballena and Bonita -(read white folks beaches)- and on the roads. which everyone pays for.

But lots of the crack points have been closed down and so the day time armed break in numbers are way down.

The main butcher still slaughters his animals up the hill so one of the rivers is still polluted -- but they did get the sewage treatment tanks in -- even though they collect at the beach.

And I am working to try to get some of the 5,000 Haitians with no work back to Haiti.

And y'all have a good weekend as well.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belgiank View Post
    Yes, I live in the DR, for close to 3 years now. I have never said it is one of the best countries for weather, food, etc... Actually, aside from the people, it is probably one of the worst in the Caribbean. Hardly any culture, and the local food variation is terrible.

As I have said in other posts, I do not care about how much my neighbor spends on living here. Whether it is a 1,000$ or 10,000$. But I do object to someone telling people who might be thinking on coming over here totally unrealistic figures.
    I understand a little bit what you are trying to say, but this not Japan1 if this board was for Japan I would agree 100% with you. The Dr is a developing nation are you saying no body can live the way Pi2 does on the island. Pi2 is only giving an example of HIS or HER lifestyle a person needs more then 1or 2 example to make a wise choice on the type of lifesytle they want to live.

What if a person does not have the 3,500USD or 5000USD a month but really want to live in DR and they read this board and say WOW!!! there is no way I can live there, but wait it is a person Pi2 who survive on the island for a lot less. Notice I said SURVIVE and not live there is a big difference between the two words. Most people in DR they try to survive day to day thanks to the government.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    good for you! You are one of the few.

Forgive me if i am skeptical about lt - i lived there for two years seven years ago. My best friends still live there and i go back regularly - always have. We agree that it is a lovely town for a vacation.

I have been to lots of houses which are indeed built on the swamp in fill .. Where the sewer and the well are next to one another. I have seen folks who bought property, only to find out that the title was false. I know that much of the development there has been done with black money-- what happens to an investment if the property is confiscated in a drug sweep?

One of the main attractions about lt was the 24/7 private electric - which is now very expensive. The poor cannot afford the meters at 10,000 pesos each - nor the ongoing bill. But you will see lots of street lights all over playa ballena and bonita -(read white folks beaches)- and on the roads. Which everyone pays for.

But lots of the crack points have been closed down and so the day time armed break in numbers are way down.

The main butcher still slaughters his animals up the hill so one of the rivers is still polluted -- but they did get the sewage treatment tanks in -- even though they collect at the beach.

And i am working to try to get some of the 5,000 haitians with no work back to haiti.

And y'all have a good weekend as well.
    deep!!!!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMB773 View Post
    I understand a little bit what you are trying to say, but this not Japan1 if this board was for Japan I would agree 100% with you. The Dr is a developing nation are you saying no body can live the way Pi2 does on the island. Pi2 is only giving an example of HIS or HER lifestyle a person needs more then 1or 2 example to make a wise choice on the type of lifesytle they want to live.

What if a person does not have the 3,500USD or 5000USD a month but really want to live in DR and they read this board and say WOW!!! there is no way I can live there, but wait it is a person Pi2 who survive on the island for a lot less. Notice I said SURVIVE and not live there is a big difference between the two words. Most people in DR they try to survive day to day thanks to the government.
    I totally agree, but these people do not live in a condo, with a pool, at the beach. And the survival becomes harder and harder for those people.

6. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most people who are "POOR",and living in the USA.are not contemplating a move to the DR.
    AND,they shouldn't!
    If I had only $1,500 a month to live on,I'd definately "Stay Put"!
    There are no support services for the poor here.
    If you get sick,you may die.
    If you are hungry,you ARE HUNGRY!
    If you can't pay for a place to stay,find a nice tree,or a bridge to live under.
    In the USA,Canada,and European countries,the "Poor" are cared for by their governments,meaning every taxpayer in the country.
    Those who choose to live here,"On A Shoestring",will look for others to help them,when their "House-Of-Cards" falls down around them.
    If you are "Poor" here,you better be a Dominican,with a family to support you.
    CC
    Open and General Forums
    www.DR1.com

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

8. Likes La Mariposa, mountainannie liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    Most people who are "POOR",and living in the USA.are not contemplating a move to the DR.
    AND,they shouldn't!
    If you can't pay for a place to stay,find a nice tree,or a bridge to live under.
    In the USA,Canada,and European countries,the "Poor" are cared for by their governments,meaning every taxpayer in the country.
    Those who choose to live here,"On A Shoestring",will look for others to help them,when their "House-Of-Cards" falls down around them.
    CC
    Good Morning CC I am glad to hear from you. If I had 58,000RD a month for the rest of my life and I am 35 right now I could move to DR and be very HAPPY and content. The problems comes not so much with money but the BS. If it was ONE PRICE for everything goods and services things would be a lot smoother. If the DR had the same price for Dominicans Americans, Canadians, Germans and the French everything would be great. I know a lot of 3bedrooms 2 baths apartment for 9000RD a month and they are brand new, but they are mostly on the otherside of the bridge next to Autopista San Isidro.

Once I went on vaction from Res Amalia to Samana for two days the whole trip cost me around 3000RD.

The guagua from Amalia to Plaza lama on Duarte 30pesos
    The guagua to Samana around 280 pesos
    Motochonco to hotel in Samana 100pesos
    Hotel 800 pesos
    Pizza and drink on Malecon in Samana and beer 300pesos

Can't do this in Canada, USA or Europe.

My 58,000RD a month compared to my fellow countrymen 10,000RD I like my odds. The problem is women they always want to mess up my CASH FLOW!!!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Tonight I am going to play the Mega Millions and if I win the 58,000RD will turn into 58,000USD a month then I really will be the KING of the DR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMB773 View Post
    Tonight I am going to play the Mega Millions and if I win the 58,000RD will turn into 58,000USD a month then I really will be the KING of the DR.
    Not before I take it all!!!!! wishful thinking!!!

Funny Friday!!!

Moderator DR1.com

pi2
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I hve had a reserve/savings since nine years old. If coming to the DR a reserve is very necessary providing support for maybe one year plus air fare to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    AND,they shouldn't!
    CC

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast