Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "PICHARDO",Please See Page 16,"Diario Libre" Today,Monday,April,2nd.

Post Thanks / Like

Default "PICHARDO",Please See Page 16,"Diario Libre" Today,Monday,April,2nd.

"Basically:
    Drug Trafickers reactivate routes Carribean Routes.
    The income from drugs now is higher than the income from the formal economy.
    "South American Drug Trafickers" use the region to "Launder Money"(Read "Launder Money",as "BUILD MALLS!)
    "Spin Time" "Senor Giro"!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Open and General Forums
    www.DR1.com

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    "Basically:
    Drug Trafickers reactivate routes Carribean Routes.
    The income from drugs now is higher than the income from the formal economy.
    "South American Drug Trafickers" use the region to "Launder Money"(Read "Launder Money",as "BUILD MALLS!)
    "Spin Time" "Senor Giro"!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    I told Don a MONTH ago, where do you think the drug money is going....into these new.....
    ........................... "EMPTY MALLS"..........................

B in Santiago

Post Thanks / Like

"Malls",highrise apt. buildings too.
    They don't have to have any customers,or buyers,or tenants,they just have to be built!
    "Rub-A-DUBDUB",the DRs In The TUB"!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Open and General Forums
    www.DR1.com

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

4. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

And I thought all this new infrastructure was the result of hard work from citizens of a fast paced developing nation.

With the high level education at the univesity level, the vast financial support invested by the government, how could it be anything but???

6. Likes rubio_higuey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do believe I mentioned something about this a really long time ago.

I think what I said was that "it is impossible for the banks to be financing the building of the apartment towers in Santo Domingo, because there was not that much money available." And besides it is not possible to build so many towers, so many empty towers if you are paying 20% or 30% on your money....In three years of vacancies or really slow construction, and costs will have duplicated....

It just did not make sense to me, but I am not an economist or a construction engineer or a banker. I do know that people in the construction industry told me that the money from administrative corruption was pushing aside the money being laundered, so they must know a whole lot more that is out there in the public domain..

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

We will soon get a post from the "SPIN DOCTOR" saying ........NO, NOT HERE.........NEVER......
    HOW COULD YOU SAY SUCH THINGS.........BLAH BLAH BLAH.......

B in Santiago

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, most drug money is going into construction, remember Plaza Joel in Santiago? Its still there, but I think another another name.

Post Thanks / Like

I really can't believe this important news didn't make "The Cut" to be in today's "DR1 News"??????????????
    Oh well,I guess "Coco" and the "Yankees' visit are more interesting,to SOMEONE"!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Open and General Forums
    www.DR1.com

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,

Can someone please explain to me how building a mall contributes to washing money?

I mean let's say I make $1000 from a drug deal.
    I then use that $1000 to build a mall.
    the mall still needs to make a profit for me to have 'washed' my money does it not?
    What if the mall is not a success then I haven't exactly washed my money, as much as just 'thrown it away'..... no?

what am I missing?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Bell View Post
    Hi Guys,

Can someone please explain to me how building a mall contributes to washing money?

I mean let's say I make $1000 from a drug deal.
    I then use that $1000 to build a mall.
    the mall still needs to make a profit for me to have 'washed' my money does it not?
    What if the mall is not a success then I haven't exactly washed my money, as much as just 'thrown it away'..... no?

what am I missing?
    I may be missing something too but I think typically the idea when you are talking about operating businesses that have substantial real cash flow is you can continuously dump new cash into the balance sheet and it comes out as clean profit. As long as the business is operating and getting some real customers you can dump in cash so that even if it's really losing money, on paper it's a goldmine. In the case of a mall you might place businesses, have dummy renters, or make deal to bring in outside businesses at much higher paper rent than you are really charging. After all you literally got more money than you know what to do with so the point is not making a real profit, it's making a vaguely plausible paper profit that you flesh out with your formerly dirty money.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast