Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: how so many expensive jeepetas in this country?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keepcoming View Post
    While driving back today from visiting the in-laws via the Duarte I was amazed at how many luxury autos I saw. I guess I never really paid too much attention before. We stopped at the parada Turney (sp?) and the lot was full of new SUV's. I guess after listening to my father in-law go on and on about the economy and then to drive home and see another side of the so called economy caught my attention. Traffic conditions nor street conditions make a difference..I saw quite a few Mercedes SUV's, etc...Traffic nor the conditions have nothing to do with some people's choice in cars. JMB you may want to take a tour of Santiago and see some what some are driving there. They love their cars here...
    Good Morning Keepcoming, I lived in the Dominican Republic mainly Santo Domingo. I had an apartment once right off of Churchill down the street from La Sirena. I would use the ATM on Gustavo Mejia Ricart just pass the Blue Mall, and it was a (I think) Mexican resturant on the corner, and the parking lot looked like a "car show" I never said Dominicans do not have fancy cars, suv's ever, nor did I say they do not deserve them. The day I look at a latino or black person with a fancy automoblie, and the first thing that comes to my mind is they bought it with" illegal activities" is the day I tie 3 bowling balls to my ankle and JUMP of the Manhattan Bridge. NO need to live if I have that type of mindset for my own people.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_DR View Post
    You better know what time it is JMB773, especially after all that money you rather spend on your watches and its maintenace.
    If you don't know what time it is maybe you should look into trading your watches in for a brand new jeepeta. Some of them will even tell you what time it is when you ask it just like the Siri on the iphone 4s. Lmao

But seriously JMB773, I don't know why you are getting worked out over jeepetas in DR.

It is simple, some have them because to them is a necessity, some because of the "baja pantis effect" and others because they want to make people believe that they have money, just as you when you wear your watches.
    This is my LAST post in this thread because it is a waste of time, but I have to say this to MR DR. I do not dislike you, love you, or look up to you after all this is the internet, but I do feel sorry for you. This post start out a person asking a question about expensive SUVs in the DR true or false? Many posters ATTACKED you own people saying garbage like drugs, baseball players, crooked government officials etc, and you did not utter a word to group of non Dominicans saying the only way Dominicans have fancy objects is through illegal channels. Now when you finally started to use -25% of your brain in this thread it was to attack a person that GOES to work and chooses to buy "things" that I enjoy. How SAD is that?

You tell TIME with an Iphone or Blackberry etc like 99.9% of the world, so I should be like everyone else even though I have MY OWN BRAIN and my own taste. STOP being a SHEEP. You do not have watches or a Cadillac Escalade so that means it is not wise for anyone is to enjoy this objects. If calling me a dealer and cash welfare checks help you climb into that 95 Honda CRV, knock yourself out.

One day MR DR you will learn how the US works. Many things are CHEAPER for me then you. Did you know I pay ZERO percent interest on my car? Did you know I recieve benefits from airline tickets, hotels, etc just by purchasing items and recieving all kinds of upgrades. Three months before my lease expires I will recieve all kinds of deals from many dealships throught the mail, but why should I know this I just some dumb black loser from Humboldt Park.

BTW When you have the money to afford some of the things you are ENVIOUS toward, PULL UP A CHAIR, but SORRY that Iphone or Ipad won't get you a seat at the TABLE Buen Dia!!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a lot cheaper to get a photo of you leaning on some idiot's SUV back in the States and keep it in your wallet or cell phone.

"See, it's mine. I've got my hand on the door and everything"
    Last edited by PeterInBrat; 06-17-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    It's a lot cheaper to get a photo of you leaning on some idiot's SUV back in the States and keep it in your wallet...

"See, it's mine. I've got my hand on the door and everything"
    Dat you Pete?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_DR View Post
    Yes, you are right JMB773, I may be a visitor to this country but I bet you my spanish root runs much deeper and dates hundreds years earlier than yours. Don't forget that my forefathers were the ones that discovered America.

Now why don't you go call your friend so that he comes give you a ride to repair your watches in his brand new jeepeta? lmao
    when you say America, what exactly do you mean? secondly, just who might these forefathers be?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Derfish--

No, just a quick Google search pic.

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

What type of question is this!!!!!

There are a lot of expensive jeepetas because there are a lot of people that can afford them.

Done!

Moderator Polls Forum

8. Likes Chip, DRob, John Boyter liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Jj
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB773 View Post
    This is my LAST post in this thread because it is a waste of time, but I have to say this to MR DR. I do not dislike you, love you, or look up to you after all this is the internet, but I do feel sorry for you. This post start out a person asking a question about expensive SUVs in the DR true or false? Many posters ATTACKED you own people saying garbage like drugs, baseball players, crooked government officials etc, and you did not utter a word to group of non Dominicans saying the only way Dominicans have fancy objects is through illegal channels. Now when you finally started to use -25% of your brain in this thread it was to attack a person that GOES to work and chooses to buy "things" that I enjoy. How SAD is that?

You tell TIME with an Iphone or Blackberry etc like 99.9% of the world, so I should be like everyone else even though I have MY OWN BRAIN and my own taste. STOP being a SHEEP. You do not have watches or a Cadillac Escalade so that means it is not wise for anyone is to enjoy this objects. If calling me a dealer and cash welfare checks help you climb into that 95 Honda CRV, knock yourself out.

One day MR DR you will learn how the US works. Many things are CHEAPER for me then you. Did you know I pay ZERO percent interest on my car? Did you know I recieve benefits from airline tickets, hotels, etc just by purchasing items and recieving all kinds of upgrades. Three months before my lease expires I will recieve all kinds of deals from many dealships throught the mail, but why should I know this I just some dumb black loser from Humboldt Park.

BTW When you have the money to afford some of the things you are ENVIOUS toward, PULL UP A CHAIR, but SORRY that Iphone or Ipad won't get you a seat at the TABLE Buen Dia!!!
    I got to agree with JMB. Even though I don't understand why someone would buy an expensive watch, that's what he likes, and actually buying a car is the most stupid 'investment' you an make (I may hope most car buyers realize it's not an investment). Back in Holland I had an operational lease on my car, whilenit was my just my transport to get to my work. No need to think about depreciation, maintenance, nothing. Just a fixed cost per month and a new car every 4 years. If possible here I would take an operational lease every time over buying a car. Then I would spend my money in thinks I like, not being a watch, but probably something what makes other people think: are you nuts??? Better buy a car!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

whatever floats yer boat...watches, cars, houses, clothes, travel, a clown car full of kids...

11. Likes John Boyter, Africaida liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have spent a forture on prostitues all around the world.
    Best "Bang-For-The-Buck" you can ever get!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC C
    They are "kinda" like jmb773's watches.
    They took a "Licking",and kept on "Ticking"!!!
    Sorry "Timex"!
    Open and General Forums
    www.DR1.com

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast