Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Premium for Medical Insurance

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisagauss View Post
    Wow, that is amazing! I am 36 and pay $313 per month, which is half of the actual amount as my employer pays 50%. So to cover a 36 male non smoker is $25,000 pesos per month. Jesus!
    It is very expensive. I am not sure but I heard that the best plan that covers everything including medicine is only 100 USD per month.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleHindu View Post
    It is a very good deal. But how is the acceptance, do many hospitals accept this.
    With all the paperwork they gave me, there is a pamphlet with all the clinics, hospitals, and Doctor's names all around the country that accept their company, and there are quite a few. I have only gone to Clínica Corominas here in Santiago for a blood work-up so I haven't seen a Doctor on their plan as yet. The Doctor who wrote me the prescription for the blood work-up is a personal friend who was a heart surgeon and he never charges me. If you would like any info let me know and I can either pm you or post here. I also know the new HOMS hospital in Santiago accepts them.

B in Santiago

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

crazy question but do these insurance have any prexisting coverage clauses? I need knee surgery..

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny429 View Post
    crazy question but do these insurance have any prexisting coverage clauses? I need knee surgery..
    My coverage has NO pre-existing clauses.............

B in Santiago

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Humano $500 USD per year

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    I have ARS MetaSalud with Plan Estrella Plus,their top of the line coverage, and I pay 9,600 per year.
    This is for me alone and I am 64 years of age. I couldn't even dream about having this in the states.............
    And they don't end the coverage at 65, it's just a few pesos more..............

B in Santiago
    Prestadores de Servicios de Salud

7. Likes waytogo liked this post
    dv8
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

we talked about this many times. the only companies that really pay off are humano and universal. palic and monumental follow.
    personally i would not touch metasalud with a stick: the plan and coverage may be good but i am sure in reality it's limited. i always use clinica union in santiago and while different doctors accept different seguros most of them would stick to the few biggest companies for the security of pay. so even if the hospital as such accepts certain insurance you may still fork out a full fee for your doctor.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is this, I was told that the 2 that you mention will not renew after 65.....then what...
    If I was misinformed, I would switch in a heartbeat.............

B in Santiago

dv8
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

waytogo, i am sorry. indeed your options may be limited. most insurances WILL go on after 65 providing you have been with them for some time. check out palic and monumental on their policy, both insurances are rather good and the coverage is wide...

i always advocate to get health insurance as soon as possible after moving to DR or even if living here part time. it's a little price to pay for the peace of mind.

11. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisagauss View Post
    How much do you pay?
    932.00 Pesos/Month for Royal Plan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast