Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: household advice needed

dv8
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i bought jabon de cuaba, grated, i will soak the towels today and wash tomorrow, will see what happens.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i bought jabon de cuaba, grated, i will soak the towels today and wash tomorrow, will see what happens.
    Good luck. You could have grated it yourself lazy woman. Make sure you rub it well into the towels.

Mat

dv8
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

rub? you be kidding me. i'm already pi**ed a simple job that takes one minute in europe (load machine, set for 90 degrees, add powder and softener) takes overnight soaking and the use of products i never knew existed. there is no need to make it last all day with rubbing, scrubbing, boiling and washing.
    no wonder dominicanas take all day to do the laundry. they don't even know that in civilized country it's 5 minutes...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

rub? you be kidding me. i'm already pi**ed a simple job that takes one minute in europe (load machine, set for 90 degrees, add powder and softener) takes overnight soaking and the use of products i never knew existed. there is no need to make it last all day with rubbing, scrubbing, boiling and washing.
    no wonder dominicanas take all day to do the laundry. they don't even know that in civilized country it's 5 minutes...

Did you just figure that out??? LOL

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah but in a "civilized{ country, they could earn enough to pay for the electric bills and a good machine..

I am always really touched to see them washing the laundry down at the Massacre River.. all the women together on the rocks there..

dv8
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like the towels need to be rubbed maybe next time i soak them i hot water from the tap and a bucket of cloro. because i washed them today and they still have this nice warm grayish hue
    i wanna go hooooome! oh, a kingdom for a front loading, fully electronic washing mashine!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice warm gray's the new white.

dv8
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ha! maybe i shall pretend the towels were meant to be gray. like, 50 shades of dominican gray.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    oxyclean is NOT available here .. i know because i had to bring a tub of it down with me.. And you can only imagine how important and wonderful if it is if I gave up BOOK SPACE in my baggage! I think that the new Vanish is being sold as Oxyclean but cannot testify that it is the same stuff.... but i do think that Nacional has it. I have asked La Cadena to stock it -- my little corner store. But if you can find the Vanish with OXY I would do that over cloro... which really Shreds the fabric....
    I realise this is an old thread... But, I saw Oxiclean at both Carrefour and La Sirena these last few weeks.
    Just thought I'd point that out.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, i need to clarify: i need something that will make my towels white and require no work from me

this dominican soap thing, can i use it for washing in a washing machine? tide is, frankly, crap.
    So have your cleaning ladydo it! No work required by you. I know a haitian lady in Muņoz who would be anxious to do it for you
    PM me
    Der Fish

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast