Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with used Car dealerships

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dealing with used Car dealerships

I going to be buying a car in the near future, probably in La Vega or Santiago. What are people experiences on negotiating the price. Me I'm lousy at bartering, but my wife is a pro. I'm looking at Toyota RAV4 and Honda CRV (2002-2006) Price range from 450,000 to 650,000. Any advice? There are other vehicles I like but my parking space is limited.
    Raining right now whilel the sun is shinning so I guess a witch is going to get married.

2. Likes davetuna liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    I going to be buying a car in the near future, probably in La Vega or Santiago. What are people experiences on negotiating the price. Me I'm lousy at bartering, but my wife is a pro. I'm looking at Toyota RAV4 and Honda CRV (2002-2006) Price range from 450,000 to 650,000. Any advice? There are other vehicles I like but my parking space is limited.
    Raining right now whilel the sun is shinning so I guess a witch is going to get married.
    If you are going to buy a car in el cibao, you need to take somebody that knows about cars and how they are worked up here.

Used cars, especially the 2 small suvs you are talking about, are frequently sent over totaled and rebuilt here from the ground up. My cousin bought a 2003 Honda Crv off the lot that looked showroom new , and he knew a bit about cars, but after a year or so he found out the car was actually 2 pieces that were welded together somehow. This was found out by examining certain parts of the car that are covered by plastic and the felt stuff.

At the higher end of your pricerange I think you can get something pretty close to a new car that would be a lot less dangerous if you can't find the right person with the mechanical experience. If you do try to do it yourself, check inside the gas tank for any signs of welding or repainting, inside of the hood on the frame, inside the trunk, underneath the back bumper, if you ask the salesman they will tell you the car is "nuevo de paquete" when it reality it's a totaled car rebuilt.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I think buying a car from here is an easier way to avoid problems. An export, as we have discussed.

If it was imported by SDMotors, they have the records.

I got them down about 5%..... I think there is less flexilibity here than stateside.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

And you could buy a car that only has good record via CarFax.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    I think buying a car from here is an easier way to avoid problems. An export, as we have discussed.

If it was imported by SDMotors, they have the records.

I got them down about 5%..... I think there is less flexilibity here than stateside.
    Have you imported a car through them?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Go to moca.

I think you have to go to Moca, the capital of the DR of used cars. Espaillat Motors has a good reputation.
    - also the dealer of governamental cars -.
    Good luck !

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

...... or take a look at EL YAQUE MOTORS, in Santiago. Dealer of new cars but they sell also used cars from customers who bought a new car .

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiram suggested Moca. That's the epicenter of car imports in the DR. Good suggestion.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    Have you imported a car through them?
    See my thread on Suzuki XL7

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    And you could buy a car that only has good record via CarFax.
    Remember that CarFax only works for the No American vehicles.
    An Export to RD isn't "CarFaxable".... no record of it in Can/USA... it was built and shipped out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast