Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chacabana

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Chacabana

Oscar de la Renta apparently sees a use for them. Some say they are good for dressing up anytime. I'd like to know what our beloved DR1 posters have so say in answer to;
    Chacabanas - thumbs up or thumbs down.
    - when appropriate...or not
    - what about a gringo in one?

Okay...let's hear it.

Smiles and sun to all.

Justin

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

If golo were still around we'd be measuring his reaction on the richter scale. Do a search on chacabana and guayabera and you'll see what I mean.

I think they are for old men. They have an old fashioned feel to them.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya
    If golo were still around we'd be measuring his reaction on the richter scale. Do a search on chacabana and guayabera and you'll see what I mean.

I think they are for old men. They have an old fashioned feel to them.
    Well, I like guayaberas. Some of them are very nice and if you are not fat, they fit very well. In the USA they are known as "Cuban Shirts" and rightly so, since they were born in Cuba and they can be worn on many occasions. In Mexico they like them too. I just don't know how that name "chacabana" came about. It does not even sound good. I like Guayabera. Do Dominican men wear them a lot or is their reputation in the DR not as good as it is in Cuba? For tropical countries, they are perfect. Even Filipinos developed their own form of Guayabera which they named the barong tagalog.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to think they were for older Latin men. Then a buddy of mine (early 20's gringo) wore out out to dinner at a nice resaurant for my wifes birthday here in Salt Lake. He looked really sharp. So I plan to pick one up the next time I am in DR.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Guayaberas are usually consider a sign of power and maturity.. but today designers are giving a new feel to it.. I invite all to visit our site .Bienvenidos al Web Site de Arcadio Díaz to judge for your self.
    Att
    Albin...
    Mike your welcome to stop by and see the process once we open our factory.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah before I get a bunch of comments from those that think that Chacabanas/guayaberas are for chopos...
    Please understand that is in our culture to wear them on occasions where you need to be formal but weather does not permit a suit..
    now I dont know many chopos tha own Arcadio or hipolito's guayavera.
    The reason why i am even writing about this topic is because I want to know how many of us where this shirt or how many of us will consider wearing a new style guayabera...
    El respecto al derecho ajeno ........la paz// in those lines as B.Juarez said.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I have couple of short-sleeved single-colored ones. They look good and I only heard comments that they looked nice.

The first one I bought without even knowing what I was buing was at Jumbo in Santiago a year ago.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

In about 4 weeks Ill be making tours of our factory so you can see how Guayaberas are made...
    Zona Franca Santiago....
    Rubio_higuey if your are in town shoot me a message And I ll give you a tour...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Only elegant and prestige men wear chacabanas, as doctors, lawyers, executives.... chola 1978 congratulations for that nice business, good luck....rubio-higuey you are one of that group.......

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You will never be consider a chopo if you wear a guayabera. And if you do wear one you must be confident about it...........there's a certain 'yo no se que' that comes from wearing a guayabera......and if you add a hat, wow, it completes the look.......its true that it gives you a mature kinda of look.....so if anyone is planning on wearing a guayabera you must do a whole analysis of the look you want to portrait...........

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast