Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to DR-- Laptop Sugestions

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

I would suggest a MAC by Apple. If I was you I would buy it in the US and then bring along with you to DR. A MAC is a great computer depending on your use for it but I would greatly suggest it.

I brought my MAC to santo Domingo last month and it worked great for me.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Any major brands would do, however, as others have said, you need a surge protector to keep it safe from the electric surges, they're frequent and I'd experience it first hand!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I divide my time between the D.R. and U.S. In Santo domingo I keep an inexpensive little Acer Netbook (no CD/DVD drive) in my underwear drawer and plug into my step daughters DSL line when ever I need to access the web. I also bought a nice little printer at Plaza Lama for around $40 and that takes care of all my needs. If you are moving here you might want to consider buying a desk top with a larger monitor once you get here.

dv8
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a refurbished dell that was maybe 700 dollars. works well in a capacity i use it for and is quite boring - do not buy anything pretty looking as it may get noticed. i do not use surge protector and my laptop has more than two years of fine work. well, that is after i kicked out darn vista and put in windows 7.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12