Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Problems at Banco Leon

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    Hi Rubio_Higuey,

I just got off the phone with them and they don't know squad!
    They have no clue when we can pay with the Tarjeta Prepaga again.
    I stand by my remark in my first message...incompetent dummies running the show!
    Go exchange the plastic in the branch. I was confirmed the same information today by Internet Banking department.

Still not possible to recharge prepaid cards from your checking/savings accounts though.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Still out of service today at 11 a.m.

Please let us knon when transactions are possible.

P.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to do a payment on Ebay almost every 2 hours......nothing!

I am checking my Tarjeta via Internet-Banking almost every 2 hours....no message, no nothing!

If they only had the courtesy to let us know what is going on.......I suspect they have huge problems and as with everything in this country: the truth may never surface.

But hey! We still have 24/7 electricity here in Bavaro.....so we are extremely lucky!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Peterj, Don_pedro... did you go to Bano Leon branch to exchange your plastics as I wrote?

Banco Leon says that previously issued cards WILL NOT be working again. Ever.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Rubio_Higuey (closeby!)

Where did you get that info?
    When I call them here they don't know sh**!

Can you do a payment now on the internet?

Anyway tomorrow-morning I will go....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    Rubio_Higuey (closeby!)

Where did you get that info?
    When I call them here they don't know sh**!

Can you do a payment now on the internet?

Anyway tomorrow-morning I will go....
    Banco Leon Telephone Banking, and especially department of Internet Banking - since they deal with IT (and this has been all along IT problem) they are the most knowledgeable. 9am-5pm.

Payment on the Internet (as per my previous post) were not available yet and will be available "soon" - whatever that means.

Transfers among cards are still possible through online banking, just not between account-card and card-account.

Btw the exchnage of plastic should be made free of charge. I say should because they say it would, but when my card was canceled by them in all-batch-fraud cancellation about 2 months ago, I was told the same thing, but was charged 50 pesos replacement fee indeed.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I was with a Dominican friend in Sosua today who needed to fix his problems with the card at the local branch (as he was advised by Banco Leon customer service over the phone).

Step #1. Enter bank
    Step #2. It will cost 50 pesos to get the card changed
    Step #3. Argue about the 50 pesos
    Step #4. Ok, but come back in 10-15 minutes. The cards just arrived and we have to inventory them
    Step #5. Go back 45 minutes later to hear on entry 'psst... hey the guy with the card is back'
    Step #6. Find out that they haven't inventoried the cards yet
    Step #7. Find out system is down and they couldn't do new one anyway
    Step #8. Took his money out in cash & closed account

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It is almost kind of funny if you read the post from CFA123...unfortunately it isn't!

Tomorrow-morning I will go there and I will see what BS will come my way.

It's amazing we even have running water (sometimes) and electricity (sometimes) in this country.....but we have a metro!!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

CFA123, that's not that much of a deal... when Leon closed my debit card and prepaid card as a preventive measure, I had to go to the branch 5 times in 3 different days to get my debit card coded and PIN working....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    CFA123, that's not that much of a deal... when Leon closed my debit card and prepaid card as a preventive measure, I had to go to the branch 5 times in 3 different days to get my debit card coded and PIN working....
    Didn't mean to make it sound like a major ordeal by local standards. He was just fed up at that point and closed the account. That part apparently the system could handle quickly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast