Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Dominican women make good wives?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    Next time you are in any bank,supermarket,clothing store,"SEE" who is working there.
    In the DR,the following is how to rate your chance at getting a job.

My kids won't play in the NBA,but they will be able to get a good job in the DR!!!!!!!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Cris, I used to work as a sales person in the Santiago/Cibao area for many years,,, when I was young and a good "looking guy" most of the time selling cosmetics for DR manufacturers Laboratorios Rivas CXA, Start Products, Pegoro Industrial etc, etc...
    I remember many clients asking me the same question... Why most Company sellers are; Blanquitos y buen mosos???

I never figured out about that until I moved to the US.

The marketing rules in the world are changing for good... Now you can see more dark skinned people on TV commercials.

JJ

2. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bachata View Post
    Cris, I used to work as a sales person in the Santiago/Cibao area for many years,,, when I was young and a good "looking guy" most of the time selling cosmetics for DR manufacturers Laboratorios Rivas CXA, Start Products, Pegoro Industrial etc, etc...
    I remember many clients asking me the same question... Why most Company sellers are; Blanquitos y buen mosos???

I never figured out about that until I moved to the US.

The marketing rules in the world are changing for good... Now you can see more dark skinned people on TV commercials.

JJ
    When I turned 40 no body wants to hire me... Only resellers / distributor, you can not compete in price with the manufacturers so will have to move around and serch for clients that they does not visit, I had to start driving taxis in the side and going to Villa Conzuelo in SD to buy merchandise (Chucherias) trying to make a living in different ways..

But I can attest in DR if you have skills and start your own business you can make it. I'm pretty sure if go back I'll make it again.

JJ

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

JJ
    Somebody finally figured out that money doesn't give a daam about the skin color of the person doing the paying.

5. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Turn on any novella from Latin America, South America, or the Caribbean, and every actor / actress is whiter than Santa Clause. The value put on lighter skin in the Dominican Republic is sad, however it is taken very seriously and is ingrained in the culture.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Di African Skin

.... Now you can see more dark skinned people on TV commercials.
    Now, as you mention it...
    The other day I saw one for a hair relaxer and one for a skin bleaching cream.

donP

8. Likes bigwhiskey liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

This is gonna be long. I hope it resonates with someone or is in some other way helpful to adding to this conversation...

I was married for almost fifteen years to a wonderful Dominican woman. We met in NYC(she didn't need me for a visa) when I was a kid(she didn't want me for my money, I had none) and we got married and had a kid(mejoramos la raza...). Years later I felt I could no longer live with her emotional unavailability that had been there all along.

Her Pros:
    1. Gorgeous
    2. Faithful
    3. Pleasant around others
    4. Hardworking
    5. Honest

Her Cons:
    1. Depressed
    2. Low self-esteem
    3. No creativity of any kind
    4. Raised to be a people pleaser(quedar bien)
    5. Emotionally unavailable

She came from a large family where dad didn't care about schooling but made the kids work on the farm and then went and blew it all on gambling on cockfighting and cigs. No time for hugs and kisses and positive reinforcement or emotional nurturing. No time to protect her from the sexual assaults from the Hatian hired help or the perverted uncle. Society didn't encourage her to read or contemplate a meaningful life or her worth beyond her physical appearance. She marries a neighbor that also resides in the US when she's very young, under pressure from family and friends. It doesn't last long. I meet her years later in Manhattan at a party. Love at first sight.

Marriage.

Kid.

House.

She could never get over all the **** that she was raised in. I loved her to death but didn't know how to make her happy(therapy taught me that no amount of hugs, kisses, orgasms, vacations, flowers, notes, etc. could fix it). I left. More than once. I regret losing a good and beautiful partner. But it also hurt like hell to give my all like a nervous schoolboy to a person that frequently told me that she couldn't ever give me what I needed because she felt dead inside.

Years pass. I go to SD to meet a girl. She's been used and abused. Terrible temper. She lies like crazy. Hahaha. I ignore it. I can fix her. Fall in love. Spend lots of money. Get heart broken. Year passes. Meet another girl. Doesn't lie...so much. Works hard. Decent person. Very beautiful. Emotionally unavailable too. Dad used to beat mom. Cousin took her virginity. What the hell is wrong with me?

Whoever said "marry up" got it right. Men are hard on the girls/women down there. Find one that knows her father and that had some love and nurturance in her youth and was encouraged to crack a book and respect herself and others and you'll have won an amazing treasure.

10. Likes spmc, Rick, SowahAkai, Softail, Criss Colon and 8 others liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pollogringo View Post
    This is gonna be long. I hope it resonates with someone or is in some other way helpful to adding to this conversation...

I was married for almost fifteen years to a wonderful Dominican woman. We met in NYC(she didn't need me for a visa) when I was a kid(she didn't want me for my money, I had none) and we got married and had a kid(mejoramos la raza...). Years later I felt I could no longer live with her emotional unavailability that had been there all along.

Her Pros:
    1. Gorgeous
    2. Faithful
    3. Pleasant around others
    4. Hardworking
    5. Honest

Her Cons:
    1. Depressed
    2. Low self-esteem
    3. No creativity of any kind
    4. Raised to be a people pleaser(quedar bien)
    5. Emotionally unavailable

She came from a large family where dad didn't care about schooling but made the kids work on the farm and then went and blew it all on gambling on cockfighting and cigs. No time for hugs and kisses and positive reinforcement or emotional nurturing. No time to protect her from the sexual assaults from the Hatian hired help or the perverted uncle. Society didn't encourage her to read or contemplate a meaningful life or her worth beyond her physical appearance. She marries a neighbor that also resides in the US when she's very young, under pressure from family and friends. It doesn't last long. I meet her years later in Manhattan at a party. Love at first sight.

Marriage.

Kid.

House.

She could never get over all the **** that she was raised in. I loved her to death but didn't know how to make her happy(therapy taught me that no amount of hugs, kisses, orgasms, vacations, flowers, notes, etc. could fix it). I left. More than once. I regret losing a good and beautiful partner. But it also hurt like hell to give my all like a nervous schoolboy to a person that frequently told me that she couldn't ever give me what I needed because she felt dead inside.

Years pass. I go to SD to meet a girl. She's been used and abused. Terrible temper. She lies like crazy. Hahaha. I ignore it. I can fix her. Fall in love. Spend lots of money. Get heart broken. Year passes. Meet another girl. Doesn't lie...so much. Works hard. Decent person. Very beautiful. Emotionally unavailable too. Dad used to beat mom. Cousin took her virginity. What the hell is wrong with me?

Whoever said "marry up" got it right. Men are hard on the girls/women down there. Find one that knows her father and that had some love and nurturance in her youth and was encouraged to crack a book and respect herself and others and you'll have won an amazing treasure.
    Everything you said 1000% TRUE. I have dated a lot of women white, African American, PRican, Mexican, Pakistani Filipino you get the idea. All of the women I dated none of them lie like Dominicans.

I have a Dominican wife and some of the things she lies about is ridiculous. The funny thing is her and her family thinks I do not know when someone is lying to me like I'm from Winnipeg or something. ( No offense my fellow Canadian brothers and sisters)

12. Likes Ricky6, Criss Colon, pollogringo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Onions/Carrots View Post
    I have American and European friends who have asked me this question. Honestly, I have been quite negative lately on all things Dominican even though I am Dominican.

So to be fair to my friends, I'd like the DR1 community to voice their opinions on this. Then my friends can read it here for themselves and make up their own mind.

My counter points are that generally speaking many Dominican women are quite materialistic, selfish and not predisposed to being the lovey dovey type. Many men also fall into this genre myself included. I am working diligently to change that behavior though. It is an ugly trait.

Those out there in DR1, please prove me wrong.
    IŽd say the real question is Do women make good wives? Then define good wives and take it from there. Do men make good husbands? Same thing!
    Der Fish

14. Likes Mauricio liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end?

NO! They don't!

Leave them to the equally rotten and crazy Dominican males to deal with!

Stick to your girls back home, those can fully provide all you want in a good wife!

One Dominican at a time please!

16. Likes xamaicano, LaLouve, DOC1727, ExtremeR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    In the end?

NO! They don't!

Leave them to the equally rotten and crazy Dominican males to deal with!

Stick to your girls back home, those can fully provide all you want in a good wife!

Damn Pichardo, SPOT ON!!!!!!

Moderator DR1.com

18. Likes LaLouve liked this post
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast