Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Women and Dominican Men

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Black Women and Dominican Men

After sharing my story about my romance as an American black woman with a Dominican man, I quickly learned (based on the flood of PMs and responses to my story) that many people feel that there are different circumstances that I should consider about my relationship because of my ethnicity.

As if we I don’t hear enough about black women in the States (yes…thank you Tyler Perry for depicting us as angry, tired and oppressed lol) I wanted to know how black women are perceived in the DR. Does anyone have any stories, successes, failures or experienced cultural differences?? Please share because some of the posters from my previous thread clearly seem to be Black women and Dominican men relationship experts (that was said playfully… but with the utmost sarcasm lol) I would really be interested in hearing from Dominican men!!!

2. Likes La_Morenita liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not a Dominican man but I just asked the 2 Dominican men sitting here drinking coffee - their response - a gringa is a gringa is a gringa. They don't really care where you are from as long as it is not here.

4. Likes RacerX, ambressence liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMV123 View Post
    They don't really care where you are from as long as it is not here.
    Interesting...thank you!

Another one bites the dust...
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree, the majority of men here prefer white women, the whiter the better. My girl who is a wonderful dark colour hates her colour because she is do dark. She hates it because she thinks men don't find darker women as attractive. She goes as far as to straighten the frizz out of her hair when to me it makes her look very much less attractive.
    All guys I know double check white women, infact they could be pig ugly and they'd still get more attention, and most dark women I know (possibly unaware of it) try to whiten themselves up.
    We were having a meal the other weekend and I noticed that everyone who was coming in was white. I commented on this, saying it felt like Spanish night, the reaction was the rubbing of fingers, as if a sign of white people have more money.
    It is an ignorant idea, but one that is felt here IME.

7. Likes RacerX liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Anastacio you are absolutely correct when discussing Dominican women but it does not apply the same to foreigners. Whether she is black white or green she is a foreigner and that is all that matters.

What you refer to I have seen sooooo often here! But this thread cannot go off course into discussions of those issues or we will be shut down!!!! So lets not go there.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Dominican guys see black American women as different than white American women. Generally if the guys are darker they seem to prefer the lighter ones but not surprisingly the lighter ones seem to like the darker ones as well.

Any foreigner who wants to start a relationship with a Dominican regardless of color needs to be careful. For someone interested in a serious relationship I would recommend going out with someone of equivalent education level or a regular church going person.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I have experienced since 1974 when I first came to the DR DMV123 & Anastacio are exactly on point although since the turn of the century (2000 but it does sound odd) I have seen a slight change but it is like South Africa under aparthied where everyone had strict labels. But when Chinese investors started to come they punted and designated then honorary white people! While I do know one upper class Dominican Doctor who married a dark skin young lady in general those who are looking for a Gringa/o do not care about their physical appearance including color.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bw-dm

The question itself doesn't make sense. Why ??

Millions of Dominican women are "Black". Millions of Dominican men are" Black".

They get together, marry, procreate, breakup, and relate just as other people do.

The question itself is nonsense.

12. Dislikes DMV123 disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacio View Post
    I disagree, the majority of men here prefer white women, the whiter the better. My girl who is a wonderful dark colour hates her colour because she is do dark. She hates it because she thinks men don't find darker women as attractive. She goes as far as to straighten the frizz out of her hair when to me it makes her look very much less attractive.
    All guys I know double check white women, infact they could be pig ugly and they'd still get more attention, and most dark women I know (possibly unaware of it) try to whiten themselves up.
    We were having a meal the other weekend and I noticed that everyone who was coming in was white. I commented on this, saying it felt like Spanish night, the reaction was the rubbing of fingers, as if a sign of white people have more money.
    It is an ignorant idea, but one that is felt here IME.
    Nonsense

14. Dislikes DMV123 disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently was in PC on vacation with my female cousin, we are both Black and honestly, we both received PLENTY of attention from the men in the Dominican Rep. (Maybe a little too much attention! LoL) But, I dont think they really care either way!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast