Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Dominican men make good husbands ????????

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMB773 View Post

As for saying those poor women who never had the pleasure of being with a Dominican, go to San Juan PR and ask women do they feel slighted because they never been with a Dominican? Puerto Rican women don't deal with that bulls**t!!!
    There are plenty of Puerto Ricans with Dominicans (a ton in fact)...but we prefer our Dominicanitas who tend to not have the crappy attitude of the typical Rican...
    Last edited by suarezn; 01-31-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

To put this into perspective, one has to gauge what someone's insecure and neurotic tendencies are before sallying forth with presumptuous and bombastic statements.

The above poster has had a grand total of ONE Dominican lover, and from that come the superlatives covering the whole Dominican male gender and how they must be amazing in every other social/family setting.

This coming from a self-confessed booty-call, and she's fine with that. Lack of proper perspective is what leads to much disappointment when these amazing Lotharios are imported, rest assured.

Walk around the DR and ask the average Dominican child where his father is, then come back and let us know how family-oriented they really are. Or better yet, ask them how many brothers and sisters they have from women other than their mothers.

Moderator DR1.com

3. Likes nordique, Oz7, xamaicano, greydread, Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dating a dominican View Post
    Reading the posts in this thread scared me out a little bit. I'm an asian girl dating an AWESOME dominican ( my 1st one and what an experience!). We first meet in 2007, we were lovers for 8 months before I left him since he was not ready to commit when I started to want more than being friends with benefits. ( At least he was honest and we never had a fight exempt once or two, which is normal in any relationship with its up and downs, always had a GREAT communication).

4 years later, I meet him again ( thanks to facebook!). Nothing has changed between us, everything was the same. It's been 3 weeks now, that I'm seeing him. Knowing him, I'm not expecting any commitment, just enjoying great time with such an amazing man. But if it ever go further, I will have to be careful from what I see and also from what I've read here in this thread.

I think Dominicans make good husbands but I doubt they thend to be serial cheaters and serial lovers.

I can tell they are dangerous. Dangerously seductive. Very flirty. Best lovers ever. They knows how to treat the ladies and make them melt, they are gentleman. They are amazing with their childrens or anybody's kids. Easy going. Great dancers.

I say that because that's what I see in my man. And in his dominican friends and brothers. They even flirt with me when my man is around me (He do nothing, I guess he trust me or don't care because he don't consider myself his girlfriend? I can't know but anyway it's on the women to put a stop to these flirt games). One of his brother did cheat many times on his gf during some parties and I was there. And when he was with his gf, he acts like normal, a real loving husband. None of my business and I respect his choice but I do feel bad for his gf, who is a great women and both seem to be in love. As for my man, he did flirt with few of my girlfriends. If they haven't told me, they might end up in bed. My girlfriends told me that if he hasn't sleep with me, they would go with him. ( That was 4 years ago but for now, I won't be surprise if he still flirting).

If an honest dominican could tell me why they tend to cheat or be serial lovers, it would be great to know.
    This is the best first post I've ever read on any forum anywhere. I can't stop laughing.

5. Likes xamaicano liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Generalizations can be made about any group of people & there are always some who fit this & some who do not. Every person is different.

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eduhr View Post
    Generalizations can be made about any group of people & there are always some who fit this & some who do not. Every person is different.
    muy astuto......blah blah blah...and another blah for good measure...

B in Santiago

8. Likes Tamborista liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarezn View Post
    There are plenty of Puerto Ricans with Dominicans (a ton in fact)...but we prefer our Dominicanitas who tend to not have the crappy attitude of the typical Rican...
    And what pray tell makes Dominicanitas so much more simpatica than a typical "Rican"?

Inquiring minds wanna know...

Moderator DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    muy astuto......blah blah blah...and another blah for good measure...

B in Santiago
    ...and that was the worst 6th post....

11. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Berzin View Post
    And what pray tell makes Dominicanitas so much more simpatica than a typical "Rican"?

Inquiring minds wanna know...
    Nonavailability of funds. LOL

13. Likes Berzin liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Nonavailability of funds. LOL
    LOL yeah that too...

I think the issue is that the typical Rican (Yeah I'm stereotyping) has sort of the same attitude Dominicanas who grow up in New York have, which is horrible because is a mix of the sassyness of Latinas with the "I don't need a man" attitude of some North American women . You know exactly what I'm talking about...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keepcoming View Post
    Is my husband perfect..NO. But this is what got me..I had to have minor surgery. The anesthesia I received really did a number on me. I was sooo nauseous. Everytime I opened my eyes there was hubby with the basin waiting for me to vomit. Not once did he turn away. Held a cool cloth to my face etc... This after 20 years. So is he a good husband,,yes but is he pefect, no. I will take good over perfect.
    Very nice comment. Good for you (and your good husband.)

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast