Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominican American

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I find the original post a little confusing, but for what it's worth to the commenters, my Dominican wife and I lived in PR for years, before moving back to the DR. Puerto Ricans of lesser eduction/"quality" exhibited racism toward Dominicans in PR much worse than I ever saw growing up in the American South in the 1950s. And I've seen many PR tourists to the DR treat Dominicans with supercilious pretense.

Of course many Dominicans lord it over Haitians in the same manner. So goes the pecking order.

2. Likes pollogringo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pelaut View Post
    I find the original post a little confusing, but for what it's worth to the commenters, my Dominican wife and I lived in PR for years, before moving back to the DR. Puerto Ricans of lesser eduction/"quality" exhibited racism toward Dominicans in PR much worse than I ever saw growing up in the American South in the 1950s. And I've seen many PR tourists to the DR treat Dominicans with supercilious pretense.

Of course many Dominicans lord it over Haitians in the same manner. So goes the pecking order.
    This is what I've seen. The Boricua(the one pelaut describes) feels a certain superiority over the Dominican simply because they're born into American citizenship.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Berzin View Post
    I'm telling you.

Dominican women love me and Bronxboy when we visit...no es verdad, BB?
    That is correct and it has nothing to do with money AnnaC (but a little does help) hahahahahahahaha

They love that Latin charm!!!!!

Moderator DR1.com

5. Likes Berzin liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pollogringo View Post
    This is what I've seen. The Boricua(the one pelaut describes) feels a certain superiority over the Dominican simply because they're born into American citizenship.
    I've noticed something related to this:

In the US, it's quite common to find Puerto Ricans in service positions, such as waiter, hotel maids, etc.
    In PR, it's quite common to find Dominicans in service positions, such as waiter, hotel maids, etc .
    In the Dr, it's quite common to find Haitians in service positions, such as waiter, hotel maids, etc

There seems to be a trend there.....

7. Likes Berzin, pollogringo, greydread, Africaida liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gringobachata7 View Post
    Some do and some do not. Some Dominicans hate Puerto Ricans and some of us hate Dominicans. Many Puerto Ricans are like me and are obsessed with Dominicans and their women and culture. There is a friction between the two islands but it varies with the individuals who give their opinion. I have some Puerto Rican friends who swear that all Dominicans are scum and low life's that can't be trusted while other ones are like me and are obsessed and love them and their island and women. To me, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans and African Americans are all very similar and I like them all.
    It kills me how you try to sound so educated and write nonsense like this. All of your threads about Dominican women I would have NEVER thought you were a Nuyorican. No Puerto Rican on this planet HATE any group, HATE is a STRONG word, DISLIKE is a better word but not HATE.

The Puerto Rican culture is just as big if not BIGGER then the Dominican culture. Can Brugal even be mentioned in the same sentence with Bacardi other then these one. I like Dominican food, but I prefer Puerto Rican much tastier. GB7 have you ever spent time on the island of Puerto Rico? Most if not ALL Puerto Ricans LOVE Puerto Rico and it is 2nd II NONE. The people, music, food, dancing, drinks, etc the list is too long to write. Ponce is one of my favorite cities in the world even though there is not much of a nightlife it is still the best city.

Puerto Ricans that choose DR over PR is their RIGHT I can careless, but do not try to incinuate that the DR culture is better or bigger then PR. You like Dominican women fine keep your A$$ over there. Puerto Rican women DON'T have time for some DAMN Gringobachata7 anyway.

BTW GB7 ask any of the SUPER SANKIES in DR would they ever attempt to run that SH*T on a group of Boricuas visiting from PR. Dominicans know who to run their SH*T on and who to avoid, and Puerto Ricans are people you avoid if you are on some BULLSH*T.

9. Likes Berzin, Bronxboy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMB773 View Post
    It kills me how you try to sound so educated and write nonsense like this. All of your threads about Dominican women I would have NEVER thought you were a Nuyorican. No Puerto Rican on this planet HATE any group, HATE is a STRONG word, DISLIKE is a better word but not HATE.

The Puerto Rican culture is just as big if not BIGGER then the Dominican culture. Can Brugal even be mentioned in the same sentence with Bacardi other then these one. I like Dominican food, but I prefer Puerto Rican much tastier. GB7 have you ever spent time on the island of Puerto Rico? Most if not ALL Puerto Ricans LOVE Puerto Rico and it is 2nd II NONE. The people, music, food, dancing, drinks, etc the list is too long to write. Ponce is one of my favorite cities in the world even though there is not much of a nightlife it is still the best city.

Puerto Ricans that choose DR over PR is their RIGHT I can careless, but do not try to incinuate that the DR culture is better or bigger then PR. You like Dominican women fine keep your A$$ over there. Puerto Rican women DON'T have time for some DAMN Gringobachata7 anyway.

BTW GB7 ask any of the SUPER SANKIES in DR would they ever attempt to run that SH*T on a group of Boricuas visiting from PR. Dominicans know who to run their SH*T on and who to avoid, and Puerto Ricans are people you avoid if you are on some BULLSH*T.
    Right on!!!! BTW, I am from PR.

Moderator DR1.com

11. Likes Alejandro Valentino liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Never heard a PRican calling himself gringo.

13. Likes Alejandro Valentino, pollogringo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMB773 View Post
    The Puerto Rican culture is just as big if not BIGGER then the Dominican culture. Can Brugal even be mentioned in the same sentence with Bacardi other then these one.
    What PR culture is Bacardi. The Bacardi family escaped Castro's Cuba to the US but keep Spanish passports.
    With the exception of the San Juan Bacardi pilot plant for tourists, Bacardi is made in Freeport, Bahamas, from molasses tankered up from Ghana. The Brugals came from Cuba a long, long time ago, but at least it's all made here for now.

15. Likes greydread, Taino808 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pelaut View Post
    What PR culture is Bacardi. The Bacardi family escaped Castro's Cuba to the US but keep Spanish passports.
    With the exception of the San Juan Bacardi pilot plant for tourists, Bacardi is made in Freeport, Bahamas, from molasses tankered up from Ghana. The Brugals came from Cuba a long, long time ago, but at least it's all made here for now.
    What is your point? Where else is Brugal going to made? Pepsi, Frito Lay, Haagen Dazs have plants all over the world. What is your point?

BTW Can you buy an Italian Beef sandwich anywhere in Italy, once again what is your point?
    Last edited by JMB773; 06-26-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    Never heard a PRican calling himself gringo.
    Was wondering about that myself.

18. Likes Africaida liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast