Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with Dominican men?

Post Thanks / Like

Question What's wrong with Dominican men?

Hiya, my friend has a dominican boyfriend, but i have heard lots of nasty things about them, about how many girlfriends etc they have. Should I be concerned? i have never been to Dominican Republic, any advice/experiences people have had? THANKS

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Honey, long distance relationships are never easy. I feel for your friend but please understand that Dominican men are all different just like men from any country. Your friend will have to trust her heart and accept the challenges of a long distance relationship. You will likely receive a lot of negative responses to your thread but don't buy into the stereotypes. If everyone believed in stereotypes then people would think that MommaC represents the "typical" Canadian. Heehee Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Cheers,
    Nelly

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Men

"Dominican men are all different just like men from any country. "
    So are the women even typical Canadians, hmmm ? What is a typical Canadian?
    Why such a distain for MommC, she is a very good person.

Why not smile, forget the parting shots and get along girls.
    Imagine people are even getting along with old TW, it will make the world much better.

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Post Nelly...

I also believe that everyone is different and you have to trust your own instinct and your friend's. Long distance relationships are very difficult, but it is possible, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise! You shouldn't worry, just have some faith, and support your friend. It's also true that you may get a lot of negative responses, but hey, everyone speaks from their own experiences, and usually the negative comes out before the positive. Have you met her boyfriend? Just let your friend know that you care about her and will support her decision as long as it is a well thought out one. Best of luck!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Generally speaking

Dominican men are marriage prone. They also maintain their relationships with their wives surprisingly long and love to have children, something that baffles me, considering they are automatically headed for slavehood.

There is only one problem with Dominican men that most women cannot handle, and that is, all normal, healthy Dominican men cannot live with just one woman. They will be infidels for life. You can expect at least they will have one concubine. But most have more than two, and if economically feasible, concubine numbers will increase relative to their income. The good news is that in spite of this, most will still keep their regular wife. And to no one's surprise, the worst men are those who score low in national polls for least trusted professionsoliticians, lawyers, engineers, auto dealers and salesmen and the military.

The perfect loyal Dominican man has not been created. It is impossible. Even God cannot make one. And, beware of the ones who boast they are totally loyal to their wives. They are the worst. Notice how the "cabaņa business" keeps expanding. hardly any "cabaņa" has gone broke. In fact, on any friday or saturday night you might get lucky if you find a vacancy all day. 90% of clients are married men.

TW

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Golo--
    I'm ignorant. Can you explain what you mean by "Cabaņa Business"? Is it like a "Posada" in Cuba?

Thanks!
    Rachel

Pib
    Goddess
    Post Thanks / Like

TW, that was an intelligent post. One some people may not agree in part, but very intelligent nonetheless. Glad that you are back to your old self.

rrwells, a cabaņa is a hut, but it is also used to mean love motels.

And to follow the OP: Despite accepting male infidelity as a fact of life (which is not to say that LOTS of Dominican men think diferently), there is nothing wrong with Dominican men, that you wouldn't find in just any other men.

Vive la diference!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think that the infamous Dominican infidelity is increasing or decreasing in acceptance? Is this the way it's "always been" or is it a changing characteristic? I just read a book set in Cuba ("The Secret of the Bulls") which insinuated that infidelity is 'in the blood of every criollo'.. which makes me wonder how it missed the 'criollas'.

Rachel

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking You never asked about the women?

Well, here it is!!! Dominican women are as unfaithful as their counterparts. So far, I have yet to date a girl that has no boyfriend or husband. They are always in "a transition"......Oh amore, tu sabes, yo estoy ahora mismo dejada de mi novio y creo que esto no va a durar. Espero que no creas que yo soy asi de facil porque me acoste contigo tan rapido desde que te conoci, pero es que tu eres diferente!"

Ever heard that one? Sounds like the Dominican women's national anthem. Hey guys, don't believe everything you hear. We are not that bad!!!

TW

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that a large majority of the Dominican men, have more than one girlfriend, or when they are married, however, I disagree strongly that a loyal dominican man is not created. I believe there are many, in the thousands that are not. I know many married men there that are very loyal to their wives and I now know many that are not. There are loyal men and boyfriends, I know a few, and I am not naive, it's just the truth. It's the same as in any other culture, there are some that you can trust and some that you can not.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast