Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 155

Thread: Latino Men (especially Dominican) and white women

  1. #11
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yari
    on this forum. Sorry hunny but most of your answers will be skewed. although few will be right on the money like Wag. My question for you is, what do you get out of dating "strictly latin men?" do you have an alterior motive? are you stepping up or down? Obviously your man treats you well so why do you even care? I dont want to sound mean but, yor post struck a nerve. from my experience It seems that many (not all!!) Latin men will treat a white woman (such as yourself) like gold and treat women of their own culture like crap. Why they do this...I have many speculations, but who really knows, everyone is unique and must have their own reasons. I think that for many ignorant men (and women) they consider it a step up to be with a person who is European looking, but this is old news.

    My point is be happy w/ your Latin lover because its true, it is rare to find a good one!!
    Just taking a stab and posting from my experience, but they treat white woman better because in the cases i have seen the white woman won't allow them to treat them like crap. This isn't true for all cases, but from the number of cases I have seen or been around it seems to be a case. Even if the guys isn't latino, latina woman usually don't talk back or put their men in their place.

  2. #12
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yari
    on this forum. Sorry hunny but most of your answers will be skewed. although few will be right on the money like Wag. My question for you is, what do you get out of dating "strictly latin men?" do you have an alterior motive? are you stepping up or down? Obviously your man treats you well so why do you even care? I dont want to sound mean but, yor post struck a nerve. from my experience It seems that many (not all!!) Latin men will treat a white woman (such as yourself) like gold and treat women of their own culture like crap. Why they do this...I have many speculations, but who really knows, everyone is unique and must have their own reasons. I think that for many ignorant men (and women) they consider it a step up to be with a person who is European looking, but this is old news.

    My point is be happy w/ your Latin lover because its true, it is rare to find a good one!!
    Trust me, I am very happy with him. I have only had four relationships in my life..all serious, and long term, and all but one with Latin men. I am just attracted to everything about the particular Latin guys I've been with, from the way they treat me, to the way they look, to their culture, and how we've been able to learn and experience new things with each other. I wouldn't consider it neither a step up nor down, because my boyfriend and I are equal.
    I posted the question here, because (as I said in the post) I was discussing this topic with my Latin girlfriend, who has sworn off Latin men forever because of one bad experience. And, I am trying to prove to her that Latin men will not fall at the feet of white women, and not their own culture...it is strictly a matter of preference.
    Personally, I think people are always attracted to their opposites, because it is something new for them to experience...I'm white, but prefer Latin men, and haven't dated a white guy since my first bf. This is why I think Latin men like white women...because it represents something different to them.
    You say it's hard to find a good Latin guy...which is what my girlfriend says all the time. There is no way that I have been blessed to meet only spectacular Latin men...and all, but one, of the Latin men I've met, have been really great guys...whether lovers, or only friends, and have treated me the way every woman should be treated. I'm trying to prove to my girlfriend that the "consider yourself lucky, because most Latinos are dogs" mentality is a wrong one.
    You say latin men treat white women like gold, but not Latina's...why do you think that is? That is what I'm most curious about.

  3. #13
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    3,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wag
    Hello Pride21.

    I am Wag, latino, 6.0 feet tall, from a well off family and was educated in South America, US and Europe. Now I am in my late 30's, not bad looking and have some luck with the ladies.

    I want to give you a little background on myself before I comment on your question.

    Here are some of the things I have heard about the subject:

    - White girls are sluts that will jump in bed with anyone they like.
    - White girls = cold fish in bed compared to latinas.
    - Latinas are lousy in bed because they are conservative, white girls know what they do.
    - Latin lover.
    - Latinos cannot stay with only one woman they have to "diversify"
    - Latinos beat their women and they like it.
    - White men are lousy in bed.

    You will hear things like this all the time, and the truth is that it is all true, and it is all BS also.

    You will find examples that will match exactly the above statements, and you will find the same amount that will make you think otherwise.

    In the end it is all about perspective and personal experience. For example on your comment:



    I can tell you from the start, that if any girl thinks that a latin guy having a white girl is a step up in status for him, she has been hanging around the latin ghettos for too long.

    It all depends what circles you frequent.

    In summary; in my experience, the women we like to have as a love interest need to be:

    - Beautiful and classie.
    - A lady on the street.
    - A Hoe (not sure this is the correct spelling) in bed.
    - Loving, caring and undestanding.
    - Excelent "housewives"
    - Loving mothers.
    - Inteligent and career oriented.

    You might say, whoa! there are no such women, but you are wrong. There are few of them, but they are there.

    Oh and for the casual one nighter we just want:

    - A Hoe (not sure this is the correct spelling) in bed.
    - Goodlooking enough or nothing that a few beers won't take care of.


    That is all....

    Oh by the way, the above statement applies to all men not just latinos.

    [Edited for grammar, nobody is perfect :P]
    You got it 100% right Wag

  4. #14
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pride21
    You say latin men treat white women like gold, but not Latina's...why do you think that is? That is what I'm most curious about.
    Well, some like Mofi think that it is because white women dont let themselves get treated like crap, but how about all of those white girls that do take it (the crap i mean), because believe me they exist.

    One of my theories is that some latin men are trying to be with someone so totally oposite from their mother that they go in that direction. I have two brothers and a niece and a nephew who are both half white. They both solely date white women but I cannot say that they have treated them like gold either. Its a complicated situation which sux for those Latinas that go a lifetime without being able to be in a relationship with a GOOD LATINO.

    Yari

  5. #15
    Wag
    Wag is offline
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Lets not generalize....

    This is why I think Latin men like white women...because it represents something different to them.
    Wrong....in the sense that not all latin men think like that.

    Think about your preference in men like you would think about your preference in chicken.

    Some people like white meat (breast), some others like dark meat (legs and thighs). Why? It really does not matter; having a whole debate on which kind of meat is tastier, it's pointless.

    You just happen to be a legs-and-thighs type of girl, that is just it.

    But if you are like me, I just like chicken............ as long as it is cooked to my liking

  6. #16
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Love the analogy

    Quote Originally Posted by Wag
    Wrong....in the sense that not all latin men think like that.

    Think about your preference in men like you would think about your preference in chicken.

    Some people like white meat (breast), some others like dark meat (legs and thighs). Why? It really does not matter; having a whole debate on which kind of meat is tastier, it's pointless.

    You just happen to be a legs-and-thighs type of girl, that is just it.

    But if you are like me, I just like chicken............ as long as it is cooked to my liking

  7. #17
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yari
    Well, some like Mofi think that it is because white women dont let themselves get treated like crap, but how about all of those white girls that do take it (the crap i mean), because believe me they exist.

    One of my theories is that some latin men are trying to be with someone so totally oposite from their mother that they go in that direction. I have two brothers and a niece and a nephew who are both half white. They both solely date white women but I cannot say that they have treated them like gold either. Its a complicated situation which sux for those Latinas that go a lifetime without being able to be in a relationship with a GOOD LATINO.

    Yari
    One of my good girlfriends is in a serious relationship with a Latino who is a complete ass, so I know that not all Latin men treat their white girls like gold..you are VERY correct in that sense.
    As for trying to get away from the mother types, I don't know about that....all of the Latinos I've dated have been very much momma's boys, and put their mothers (well, grandmothers first, mothers second) before anything else.
    Of course, what one Latin guy wants could be the complete opposite from what the other wants, but I'm just trying to generalize in a positive light, rather than the negative one my girlfriend has cast over Latino's.

  8. #18
    Wag
    Wag is offline
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've dated have been very much momma's boys, and put their mothers (well, grandmothers first, mothers second) before anything else.
    That is being family oriented. Latin people in its majority are family oriented, family means everything to us.

    That is one of the treats that men (all kinds) look for in their women, and under the same perspective; how men treat their mothers, that is how they will treat their women when they become the most important woman in their life.

    Of course there are the real mama's boys which cannot part of their mother influence but that is not the norm.

    Think about how a child can be influenced when he lives in an environment where his father treats his grandmother with love and tender care.... Guess what..... that is how he will treat his own mother. And I guess you cannot complaint if that happens to be you in the future.

  9. #19
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink One lucky girl!

    Think about how a child can be influenced when he lives in an environment where his father treats his grandmother with love and tender care.... Guess what..... that is how he will treat his own mother. And I guess you cannot complaint if that happens to be you in the future.[/QUOTE]

    My fiancee is a great guy, but after reading you post, I was thinking how he is with his mom, and aunts and sisters, and neices. And I am one lucky woman, because he treats them as gold, as he does me.
    Lisa

  10. #20
    AZB
    AZB is offline
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    10,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wag for president, 2006.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •