Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Canadian fooled

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes, because we ,you, most of us want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Fooled View Post
    I have the same question........I have been in a relationship with a DR man, younger than myself for 11 months, married for 5 months. We met when he was in entertainment, he lost the job 2 months into our relationship. He was going to seek another entertainment job but I told him to seek something else as I didn't want him doing that. He has turned down 3 jobs in entertainment as he doesn't want me to be worried. I have fully trusted and believed him. I paid for our wedding as he had no money and said that he would repay me everything upon arriving and working in Canada. I have helped him each month with money. I spent a week with him at Christmas. He told me that his brother got a job in entertainment and he needs to be working again, he needs money, doesn't want my money. Wants a motorcycle.......we got into an argument as I couldn't understand why he would spend money on a motorcycle when he is coming to Canada and should have other focuses right now. Anyway, argument was ulgy on my part......I have been very stressed. Argument was in front of his brother.......

When I returned home I learned that his brother told him to "get rid of me".....and he has ended our marriage......basically will not even talk to me.

I am devasted!!! I loved him......have I also be conned?
    Most Canadians & Britts are nice people and want to believe everyone is a nice person and not a con. So it is easy to be taken advantage of.

That's not to say the Americans, Swiss, Germans etc don't fall in to the same traps. It is so easy to think "oh I can make this persons life so much better with just a little help".

They will love and respect me forever! hahaha.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Luck of the draw?

[QUOTE=joyterrell1;728480]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post

How do you know if they are good and right for you? Please help--see my thread--"I met a guy in Samana"--thanks
    It worked for me - but after reading the posts here I think I may be an exception. It helped that he came from a middle class home, his mother was a teacher, his father a police lieutenant, both with good strong backgrounds and strong family ties and morals. Two of his brothers have MBAs, one is a CPA, one owns a restaurant and only one is a bum We also didn't have to deal with the race issue, he looks like he's from southern Spain or southern Italy. I think it's a crap shoot. Or maybe we just got married so long ago that the sanky club hadn't been formed yet So much written here is very true. I think these Dominican men often really believe they are in love, but maybe more in love with the idea of the gringa than the actual person. It's considered by many to be quite the feather in their cap to have one.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default feather in cap?

[QUOTE=AlterEgo;728575]
    Quote Originally Posted by joyterrell1 View Post

. I think these Dominican men often really believe they are in love, but maybe more in love with the idea of the gringa than the actual person. It's considered by many to be quite the feather in their cap to have one.
    Why is that anyway? Why considered a feather in their cap? And do other Dominicans actually think that or do they think of the man with the gringa as a sankie?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456