Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fine Dining Experience...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fine Dining Experience...

In a couple of weeks, my wife and I will be celebrating a couple of things. 3 years of living here, and her birthday.

I would like to treat her to a fine dining experience, as this is something we have both been missing over here. By fine dining I mean a sophisticated meal by a real chef, with the wines to go with it. Not "un filete de cerdo con salsa de ...."...

Do not get me wrong, we have gotten some very decent meals here, especially if you consider the price. But they are not "fine dining"

Anybody any suggestions, preferably on the NC?

BelgianK

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Puerto Plata Restaurants: Check out 42 restaurants, with 784 reviews
    I've only ate at Mares, which I though had a romantic atmosphere and great food, but we all have different taste.

dv8
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i suggest a restaurant in hotel casa colonial in playa dorada complex. you can start off with drinks in their lounge/bar area: live piano music, serene atmosphere and excellent service. then a dinner in adjusting restaurant.

mares has great food too, i am told. it is in POP city centre, close to tropical. entrance via another restaurant, i believe.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

In the area, good dining can be found at Sea Horse Ranch.

Lindsey

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard a bad word about MI CORAZON Las Terrenas on the North coast. Combined with some fine hotel it is a very special experience experience. V
    Restaurante MI CORAZON, Las Terrenas - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

yapask1

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two favorites: Waterfront in Sosua and Las Palmas in Puerto Plata. Both have extensive menus, nice wine lists, and excellent service. The food is very nicely prepared and presented. Waterfront has the best view (on the ocean) but Las Palmas is an oasis in the city on the same street as the police station.

7. Dislikes drescape24 disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterfronts is one of our favorite restaurants. I love Las Palmas. But for a special occasion, I still would choose Sea Horse Ranch.

Lindsey

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, just one On Sto-Domingo.
    www.elmesondelacava/
    Take a lock.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Years ago El Meson de Cava was good but I took some out of town friends there and while the ambiance was good the food to me is not as good as in the past. For me I think your paying more for the "ambiance" rather the quality of the food. Don't get moe wrong it is a nice place to go but food wise not so sure.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast