Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cracking Down On Prostitution In Sosua

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    big difference between you and i, cobraboy. i do not form numbers like these based on likelihoods. i base them on data. so, go back, revisit my checklist, and address those questions. if you cannot, you have just wasted valuable broadband. you cannot know how many people in a group visited a prostitute without asking them, any more than you can say how many of them suffer from lupus. there is no such thing as 'likelihood" without a base from which to establish it.
    Baloney.

I thought you knew something about economics.

The premise I addressed was "going after hookers will hurt the DR economy" which you seemed to agree with.

I presented a case that based on CB stats, it's likely that the economic impact is around 1%.

I never intended to make a scholarly study on the topic.

I summarized, based on the numbers and Sosua receiving a modest 25% of sex tourists, what is the liklihood that 700 mongers per week, every week come to Sosua. You've yet to credibly address any specific point I made.

In absense of any facts or numbers, I'll just consider your constant nit-picking to be your form of Surrender.

Noted.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

let us invite a little mathematics to the dance. by PICHARDO'S assertion, PICHARDO is telling us that for every 10,000 tourists that come to the DR, only 100 avail themselves of the services of a prostitute. anyone who believes that should be in a rubber room.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Baloney.

I thought you knew something about economics.

The premise I addressed was "going after hookers will hurt the DR economy" which you seemed to agree with.

I presented a case that based on CB stats, it's likely that the economic impact is around 1%.

I never intended to make a scholarly study on the topic.

I summarized, based on the numbers and Sosua receiving a modest 25% of sex tourists, what is the liklihood that 700 mongers per week, every week come to Sosua. You've yet to credibly address any specific point I made.

In absense of any facts or numbers, I'll just consider your constant nit-picking to be your form of Surrender.

Noted.

since i know nothing,and you know so much, why don't you just answer the questions, and get on with it? this should be child's play for a Nobel Prize Laureate in economics, like you think you are. belly up to the bar. tell us about your data collection. or, tell us how many people that just came in on the last Jet Blue flight suffers from peanut allergy. i mean, you can do that based on "likelihood", can't you?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Cracking down will not work. They tried it in Cuba, it is still crawling with puta & sankys everywhere there are tourists. It is just less open. If authoritarian Cuban couldn t do it in a country where it is not even legal, DR stands no chance.

Discussion closed LOL

5. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

by the way, cobraboy, your failure to answer my questions, which were posted TWICE, will be construed to be flight on your part. save face. show me your person survey. how were your questions framed? were they open ended? were they framed in such a way as to elicit honest answers? do you have any copies left over, that you might scan, and post to us?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Make Gorgojos a moderator... Criss Colon needs a sidekick...

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

The moderators Mr. Colon and Mr. Clueless...

LOL!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    Cracking down will not work. They tried it in Cuba, it is still crawling with puta & sankys everywhere there are tourists. It is just less open. If authoritarian Cuban couldn t do it in a country where it is not even legal, DR stands no chance.

Discussion closed LOL

Well, it's NOT a bout cracking down but forcing it behind close doors, as was the norm prior to the open style now.

In order to achieve that you move the demand indoors and the suppliers will follow the money...

We used to call them "casa de citas" and that's exactly where we're headed again.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    Make Gorgojos a moderator... Criss Colon needs a sidekick...

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

The moderators Mr. Colon and Mr. Clueless...

LOL!!!
    oldest trick of the typical sabelotodo. cannot answer the question, you change the subject.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    Well, it's NOT a bout cracking down but forcing it behind close doors, as was the norm prior to the open style now.

In order to achieve that you move the demand indoors and the suppliers will follow the money...

We used to call them "casa de citas" and that's exactly where we're headed again.
    then that will violate the pandering statutes, unless the girls own the places where the trade is conducted.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    by the way, cobraboy, your failure to answer my questions, which were posted TWICE, will be construed to be flight on your part. save face. show me your person survey. how were your questions framed? were they open ended? were they framed in such a way as to elicit honest answers? do you have any copies left over, that you might scan, and post to us?
    I told you how I arrived at my numbers and the purpose of my raw analysis. I avoid nothing.

If you don't like it either present a better economic model, continue your little Pit Yorkie routine...or simply bite me.

Let me be clear: there is NO WAY 700 mongers arrive in Sosua every week all year. And that is what 25% of 2.5-3% of total tourists would represent, a really high %, but still insignificant compared to total tourism and the tourism economy.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast