Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update On Maimon Cruise Ship Port

Ken
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Update On Maimon Cruise Ship Port

From today's Sosua News:

After a long period of problems on environmental requirements, a garbage mountain that could not be cleared and with owners of surrounding areas who wanted suddenly more money it is finally there: the construction of the cruise port in Maimón can start within a few days.

Carnival Cruise in Puerto Plata

Last Wednesday, June 19, all those involved came together again to solve the remaining problems. It was Deputy Minister César José De los Santos, the entrepreneurs Jeffrey Raanick, Alfredo Valenzuela, Armando Corpas and engineer Mario Méndez. The dredging of the cruise harbor will start in the coming days. When the first cruise ship will dock in the port of Maimón, with hundreds of tourists, is not yet known. The cruise terminal will provide some 800 direct jobs. But it will also generate extra revenue for the other parts of Puerto Plata, Maimón and hopefully Sosúa because passengers will visit these places and use the bars, restaurants and souvenir shops. It is said that cruise ship tourists spend an average of $ 97 for each port of call.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    From today's Sosua News:

After a long period of problems on environmental requirements, a garbage mountain that could not be cleared and with owners of surrounding areas who wanted suddenly more money it is finally there: the construction of the cruise port in Maimón can start within a few days.

Carnival Cruise in Puerto Plata

Last Wednesday, June 19, all those involved came together again to solve the remaining problems. It was Deputy Minister César José De los Santos, the entrepreneurs Jeffrey Raanick, Alfredo Valenzuela, Armando Corpas and engineer Mario Méndez. The dredging of the cruise harbor will start in the coming days. When the first cruise ship will dock in the port of Maimón, with hundreds of tourists, is not yet known. The cruise terminal will provide some 800 direct jobs. But it will also generate extra revenue for the other parts of Puerto Plata, Maimón and hopefully Sosúa because passengers will visit these places and use the bars, restaurants and souvenir shops. It is said that cruise ship tourists spend an average of $ 97 for each port of call.
    interesting they did not say how this 97 dollar average is apportioned.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, oh! I smell a rat! "Dominican investors" are involved in the port project? Will there be enough money for both the "investors" and the politicians to steal? The future of the port project is not so bright.

4. Likes Rattus_Rattus liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I can hear the greedy rats are already backstabbing eachother for every avaliable peso involved in this project....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My bad. The term used in the Sosua News was "entrepreneurs" not investors. Hope this project does not end up like so many others where there was money being spread around. How long before the politicians and the "entrepreneurs" are at each others throat? Is it normal for a project like this to involve entrepreneurs? Seems like this sort of thing is usually done by the government although in the DR that might be even worse.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope I am never on a Beach in "Punta Cana" and I see one of these huge Cruise Ships so close to shore especially while it is emptying its 6000 tons of stewed latrine waters... I've seen in Nassau how these Cruise Ship ports destroy the paradise beach front.. 3 mile off shore no problem, but God willing PC will never ever become a hub..

8. Dislikes Hlywud, Conchman disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Contango View Post
    I hope I am never on a Beach in "Punta Cana" and I see one of these huge Cruise Ships so close to shore especially while it is emptying its 6000 tons of stewed latrine waters... I've seen in Nassau how these Cruise Ship ports destroy the paradise beach front.. 3 mile off shore no problem, but God willing PC will never ever become a hub..
    I have a condo on Paradise Island less than 3 miles from Prince George Wharf in Nassau, where they dock sometimes up to 10 cruise ships, and my beach is still pristine..yes I have to put up with noisy jet skies but the value of my condo doubled ...let me post some pics of my misery...a cruise ship harbor wont do any damage to Maimon beach or any other beach that you were not using anyway, some of you guys are so negative you would complain about the suction pressure if Angelina Jolie was giving you a blow job.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

ok its not a cruise ship day but this is what I have to put up with, my view from my condo

evil capitalist cruise lines facken w my beach!

by the way its for rent at $600 per night if I can fit you in. 3 bedrooms..holidays its more.
    Last edited by Conchman; 06-30-2013 at 03:19 AM.

11. Likes westcan, Harleysrock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Contango View Post
    what has any cruise ship done to Punta Cana beach,......did your girlfriend jump off the ship and you couldn't get a lawsuit going?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

look at the damage

14. Likes westcan, Hlywud liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast