Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel for a night

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotel for a night

Hi North Coasters

I am flying into POP on 13th october with my elderly parents en route to Santo Domingo. The reason we are coming into POP is purely due to flight prices, its a lot cheaper than to Santo Domingo.

What I need to know is, because my mum and dad are elderly, I think rather than jump straight on a metro or caribe tours bus for the capital, it may be an idea to stay a night in a hotel to give my parents a chance to rest a little.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to non-expensive but clean hotels with AC where we could stop for a night. And what are the prices for the night. I suppose in Puerto Plata or somewhere between there and the airport.

Oh yes, and also it wouldn't be a definate stop-over so would the hotel accept people just turning up at the desk without reservation?

Many thanks
    Paul

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Freemo, if you don't mind my asking, why are you going to POP in the first place? Why not take a flight right into SDQ. It would save you a lot of time and trouble.

If you can't for some reason, Sosua is closer to POP than Puerta Plata is, and there are several nice hotels there. Do a search of the hotels in Sosua and ask one of your choosing if you can check-in last minute. It shouldn't be too busy that time of year.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Big price difference

Hi Catcher

There was big difference between flying into POP and SDQ - it was several hundred pounds cheaper. Also my mum didnt want to change in Madrid as that was another comparable option to SDQ price-wise.

I have stopped over in Puerto Plata in the past but that was with my Dominican wife and she took care of finding us a place to stay. It was abit basic to be honest and my mum and dad would probably need a little more comfort.

Paul

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize there was that much difference. It is a lot.

Anyway, your best bet to probably to do a search of hotels, since you will know what you're looking for, narrow it down to two or three choices, then ask about your specific choices.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotel Victoriano looks like a possible

After some searching the Hotel Victoriano looks like a possible. As long as its clean and comfortable with AC it should be fine.

Anyone know what the current rates are?

Paul

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like @ $60 US, not sure how much in Euros.

Hotel Victoriano, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is that link current?

Quote Originally Posted by catcherintherye View Post
    Looks like @ $60 US, not sure how much in Euros.

Hotel Victoriano, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
    The 700 peso rate equates to about $21US according to that link?

Or is that out of date, 21 dollars for a room does sound a bit cheap

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it does seem rather inexpensive, and I really don't know if it out of date or not.

Looking back, I can't find where I saw the @$60 rate either. Maybe I was looking at a different hotel when I saw that??? Who knows.

Anyway, it seems it would be prudent just to give them a call.

Post Thanks / Like

If you need a room and a pickup at the airport, I can get you all inclusive for 45 dollars US each at Club on The Green in Playa Dorada. Let me know

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down I'd pass on this.........

Quote Originally Posted by Freemo View Post
    After some searching the Hotel Victoriano looks like a possible. As long as its clean and comfortable with AC it should be fine.

Anyone know what the current rates are?

Paul
    ........hotel and take up Pachanga1964 on his/her offer.............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast