Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sosua Beache open at night ??

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sosua Beache open at night ??

i was reading sosua news about sosua beach being open at night and wondered people's feelings on this issue. good/bad ? cost effective ? safe/dangerous ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this something new that has just been announced? When we were down there in late August the beach either was not open or it was at least strongly suggested to us that it would be a very bad idea to go there at night. We would LOVE to be able to stroll along there at night and if some of the small bars were open all the better.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it would be nice if there were a couple of bars open down there at night. The beach is nice during the day and at night it is enjoyable too.

I have been down there a few times at night and I have always thought that there should be a few places open for a quick cerveza or two.

Cheers

Sammy

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

if there are plenty of people about it should be no more dangerous than during the day..providing they have plenty of light to light up ones dark crevaces

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My understanding is ( and it only comes from speaking to 2 bar owners there ) is that "they" want to open it and try to make it a bit more like Cab.
    BUT - lets be honest - the bars on Sosua beach are not really geared up for night time quality dining. There would be working girls down there as it would not be possible to light it properley and i think the area would become a very down market version of Cab. Ie - dodgy bars, working girls doing business in the allys behind the bars and it would be dangerous as you could not make it secure. Far to easy to get into trouble i would imagine.

Nice idea though - just cant see it happening.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I was there last Tuesday at night, and nothing was open.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure the bar owners up in town would object to the beach bars being open at night. So much so that SOMEONE would listen......

I think the town(night business) would suffer if you took a large portion of the foot traffic in town at night down to the beach!!!

plus imagine all the Coney Island Whitefish that would be washing up on the beach, come morning!!!!!!!!

bad bob

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laurapasinifan View Post
    I am sure the bar owners up in town would object to the beach bars being open at night. So much so that SOMEONE would listen......

I think the town(night business) would suffer if you took a large portion of the foot traffic in town at night down to the beach!!!

plus imagine all the Coney Island Whitefish that would be washing up on the beach, come morning!!!!!!!!

bad bob
    Yes, that was very bad... I was eating my lunch. The sad part is, is that it would be true. And that would be impossible to enforce.

In all my trips I have never hit the beach at night - been told it's not a wise idea. But if there is business to be had, why not? You would need some police presence, just like you have in town at nite. And maybe a few more lites. I think it would be a great idea.

If Classicos, Merengue, Seacrits, Latinos, Cigar Bar, Shark Bar, Sosua Life, Pluto's etc etc. don't like it - they too can buy a stall on the beach, hire some cute chicas, and hand out coupons to get the people to hit their up-town spots when the patrons start leaving the beach for the nite. They could be little "satelite discos".

Are the businesses on the beach "restricted" from staying open - or is it just common practice?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe it is simply common practice, not necessarily "restricted". I have seen a small bar or two open later than all the surrounding places where locals seem to gather in the evening to play Dominos and/or have a beer or two...

It also seems to be somewhat popular for local guys/gals to go there at night for a swim (skinnydipping)...

I've been down there on a number of occasions at night, it is a great place to "get away" if you need some "quiet time" to yourself, you can just sit on the beach and listen to the waves, or perhaps even perch yourself in the lifeguard shacks. It is very peaceful.

I would not say it is dangerous in any way, at least no more so than any other place in Sosua...although it is quite dark. The only drawback I've ever run into down there is the fact that because there are not many people around, the rats seem quite a bit more active along the beach than you would notice in the daytime. All in all however I think it's a great place to go if you're "in the mood" but it would be nice to have someplace to grab a drink and/or something to eat down there also...I always thought it strange that Caberete is so active at night and Sosua the exact opposite.

...just my 2 cent observations.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite time to go the beach is in the evening. I usually go after 6:00 Pm. I been there around 8:00 Pm and never had a problem. So, I think that it's a good idea to keep it open late as long as there are some mores lights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast