Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Puerto Plata, advice please

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Moving to Puerto Plata, advice please

Dear all

I'm moving to Puerto Plata in next 2 weeks ... already put a deposit for apartment.
    I was reading about what things to do in POP ... now i am more interested in what not to do and where not to go in order not to make any begginers mistakes

If anybody has any suggestions on good places to hang out i would appreciate.

About playa Dorada ... is that beach open for anybody or just for ppl in hotels there ...?

thanks in advance

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Check the Living Section. Stop by Rocky's, keep your head down and don't be stupid. You'll do fine
    ,but it won't be easy.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Most places in PP are ok in the daytime but stay out of the downtown barrios at night. Try not to look 'lost' even if you are , walk purposefully & give off a vibe of quiet self confidence. I hope that deposit is for the rental, not the purchase of an apartment. Purchasing would be much later down the line when you're happy that this is the place for you.

Can I just check, is it PP or Las Terrenas you are coming to?
    http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-east...tml#post701584

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't done this yet, read "Quisqueya - Mad Dogs and English Couple" by Ginnie Bedggood

Quisqueya: Mad Dogs and English Couple (Paperback)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikcevic View Post
    Dear all

I'm moving to Puerto Plata in next 2 weeks ... already put a deposit for apartment.
    I was reading about what things to do in POP ... now i am more interested in what not to do and where not to go in order not to make any begginers mistakes

If anybody has any suggestions on good places to hang out i would appreciate.

About playa Dorada ... is that beach open for anybody or just for ppl in hotels there ...?

thanks in advance
    The beach is open for everybody, if you are driving you will need to pay parking.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    Most places in PP are ok in the daytime but stay out of the downtown barrios at night. Try not to look 'lost' even if you are , walk purposefully & give off a vibe of quiet self confidence. I hope that deposit is for the rental, not the purchase of an apartment. Purchasing would be much later down the line when you're happy that this is the place for you.

Can I just check, is it PP or Las Terrenas you are coming to?
    http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-east...tml#post701584
    I was cheking Las Terrenas, POP and Bavaro .... and after going in all 3 towns i decided to rent in POP

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

OK - a warm welcome to Puerto Plata.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    OK - a warm welcome to Puerto Plata.
    thanks ... i hope i didnt make a mistake by coming there

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just sneak around a little bit. Before you go to the parking from the plaza, there is also free parking beside.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikcevic View Post
    thanks ... i hope i didnt make a mistake by coming there
    Well I've been living in Puerto Plata 16 years which probably tells you it wasn't a mistake for me . Now that the Malecon beach in PP has been resanded, it is nice for sunbathing so you don't need to go to Playa Dorada unless you want to, of course. Swimming is better done in Playa Dorada. Are you here to work or on holiday?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast