Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the best Dominican Cigars?

Markf128

Default What are the best Dominican Cigars?

I'm going to POP tomorrow and I would like to buy some cigars. Does anybody know what are the best 5 top of the line brands for Dominican Cirgars, and where I cand find them for the cheapes price? By the way, I'll be stopping in Sosua for a couple of days.

Also, does anybody know where I can find a computer hardware store near Sosua?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cigars

If you're a smoker, then the "best cigar" may be a matter of personal taste. Personally, I have a preference for a Leon Jimines #4 or a smaller Aurora Preferido. Both Aurora and Leon Jimines are made in Santiago. There are no deals on these, generally speaking. You can certainly pay waaaaay too much, but you'll never find them for less than the base price (factory). Just buy from a reputable store...no beach vendors. Super Super in Sosua has a pretty good selection of smokes. Another very good smoke is an Artesan series that are sold here and there. Cafe Cito in Puerto Plata sells them, and they're the fave of the joint's owner( if he's still smoking, that is). Beyond that...you're on your own pal...torch a few up and check 'em out for yourself.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorites are anything in the Fuentes Opus X line ($$$$) and The Edge by Rocky Patel ($$). Failing that, I tend to go toward anything in the Fuente line because I usually have good luck with those cigars being of decent quality.

Markf128

Does anyone know the name of the cigar store on Pedro Clisente owned by an Amercian? it is almost right accross Club 59 classic.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Arturo is right, buy cigars in the supermarket. They are the best deal around.

The guy on Pedro Clisante is expen$$$ive..

Markf128

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Arturo is right, buy cigars in the supermarket. They are the best deal around.

The guy on Pedro Clisante is expen$$$ive..
    Are we talking about Russ? I do know his name but not the name of his store. He has been in Sosua for the last 4 months. He is an American and his wife is from Israel. I'll check the supermarket and see what they have. Thanks.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Just go to Super Super for the best prices in town on smokes.

tambo'
    Last edited by Tamborista; 01-27-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hmmm...

Actually, I've never seen any of my Dominican favorites for sale ANYWHERE in the DR. I always take my own down with me.

Nevertheless, you can get some good quality brands there. I like the Leon and the Aurora (smoked a lot of those while there). And you can buy them everywhere.

And don't sleep on the no-name brand cigars that they sell everywhere by the bundle for dirt cheap. Some of these smoke pretty well.

Vince.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably the best cigar store open to the public is the one at the Gran Almirante in Santiago. they carry Davidoff, and just about all of the top of the line cigars.

However, you can get good smokes at the Nacional Supermarket or at the Centro Leon.

Super Super is good, and so is Cafe Cito...either will provide stuff to puff on.

What are your favorites??

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Cigars in Puerto Plata

Don Gonell has opened a cigar bar at 12 de Julio #22 in Puerto Plata about two blocks off the Malecon. He has very good Dominican hand rolled cigars and you can have a drink as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast