Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prostitution problem in Sosua

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prostitution problem in Sosua

I was thinking of spending a few days in Sosua but hear that the prostitution problem is out of control. Is that true? Is it as bad or widespread as Boca Chica (went once, never again) or, if possible, even worse?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not go to Cabarete where the "problem" of working girls is kept down to a dull roar?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    I was thinking of spending a few days in Sosua but hear that the prostitution problem is out of control. Is that true? Is it as bad or widespread as Boca Chica (went once, never again) or, if possible, even worse?
    It might depend on what you mean by out of control.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not spend a few day's in Sosua?
    Just nod your head NO when they approach you.
    As far as out of control...I don't think they will jump on you.

The real problem here is that too many tourists know that it is a (working) red light district and they flock to Sosua in search of this. The girls know that these individuals are suckers and then they multiply there presence.
    Why not stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast, spend your daylight hours on the beach, go shopping and be active. Walk around and check out what Sosua has to offer.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Save your time and money if your are coming to Sosua for the putas. More of a pain than whats it's worth.

Tor
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    Can you explain what you mean with out of control ? And how do you think the girls will be a problem to you ?
    Since you are so preoccupied with this thing, maybe you should stay away. I kind of get a feeling that you will come here and actually look for it, and then be annoyed and complain about it.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

they usually just ask and if you say no gracias they leave you alone- the worst one I encountered was in Cabarete - hardly more of a problem than most towns over the world - i used to get propositioned everynight on my way home from work in the uk

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

During the day, you will see them but for the most part you will not be bothered.

However, if you are in or near the discos at nite, and you are unaccompinied....you will be approached. Most will leave you alone with a simple No, while others will persist.

And of course, "Out of Control" can mean different things to different people. For instance, to me, "Out of Control" would mean Six Very Hot Chicas rushing me, and carrying me off to their lair for a nite of endless passion

I hate it when that happens.....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sosua's great.

It has a nice beach, good restaurants, gregarious bars, and affordable accommodations. However, it very much has a working-girl environment, but don't let that scare you. If you don't want to patronize these types of women, just tell them no and keep walking. Sosua's pretty good at keeping its tourists safe, so don't be scared of being accosted and abused by these women.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it hard to believe that any single man comes here to vacation without the pre-thought of screwing a few whores that would normally be out of his league. The majority are just around to make a living, it isn't like alot of other places I've visited where they are feeding a habbit.
    So out of control? No not at all, I've seen many freaky fights on the street between the haitian girls and dominicans, and between police and the girls but rarely clients.
    My advise it to find a quiet bar and take one of the staff home (they are all for sale), you aren't gunna get robbed as very rarely would they lose their job or suffer a serious kicking for a few 000.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast