Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ! ROUND 2 booking my 2nd trip to DR last year was a HOME RUN!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoboNegro View Post
    ...try milquientos...
    mil quinientos = 1500

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oriole100 View Post
    If you want to be able to eat at night, past 11PM, You can rent 2 condo's, 2 BR. usually sleep 6. Stay in Sousa
    Condo - Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic

Or maybe here The Best Budget Hotel in Sos˙a

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINCAN JOE View Post
    http://www.dr1.com/forums/polls/7945...tel-sos-2.html
    A variety of services such as FREE airport pick-up for hotel guests, travel information from people who really know, public internet service, FREE Wifi, security box (safe), multi-lingual staff and more, make Rocky's a great place to visit
    DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Home Page
    Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic
    This Page
    DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm also going to Sosua (Round 2)

Fellas,

i'm new to the forum but not to the dr. I went to the dr in april of last year with 3 other guys and we stayed at the sosua bay resort. This was an all inclusive resort and it was great! We used to get back from after one around 4am and go to the cafeteria and the chef would make us marinated chicken breast and potatoes. Off the hook!

We are heading back there from april 1-6 and can't wait. This time we are planning to go to santiago on the weekend, which is an hour away. Can you shed some light on santiago. We heard the clubs and women in santiago are ridiculous!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdifficult View Post
    Fellas,

i'm new to the forum but not to the dr. I went to the dr in april of last year with 3 other guys and we stayed at the sosua bay resort. This was an all inclusive resort and it was great! We used to get back from after one around 4am and go to the cafeteria and the chef would make us marinated chicken breast and potatoes. Off the hook!

We are heading back there from april 1-6 and can't wait. This time we are planning to go to santiago on the weekend, which is an hour away. Can you shed some light on santiago. We heard the clubs and women in santiago are ridiculous!
    Sure.

Santiago is more than an hour, even if you take a cab. Via Caribe Tours, you're looking at 1.5-2 hours travel time.

If you're going for the clubs, clearly you're not thinking of just a day trip, which wouldn't make much sense. The kicker here is Santiago isn't super lively during the week, so the best time to go there is Friday-Saturday, which of course is the best time to be in Sosua as well.

Santiago is not a tourist town (although there are great things to see). There are a few good hotels. I've stayed at Aloha Sol, which is nice. Heard good things about Gran Almirante as well.

Pretty women - are quite literally everywhere. But you'd better have a very, very good handle on your espanol, if you're interested in anything remotely close to regular girls (no, "I have a friend who speaks spanish" isn't good enough.) Otherwise, best to stick to the red lights on the North Coast.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe,

DRob

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks DJ

Thanks a lot for the advice. None of us speak spanish but I understand it very well. However, that may not be enough. We planned to go to Santiago on Friday or Saturday. We heard about Club Ambis and La Pasion. We also heard that more of the locals (not prostitutes) could be found there. If you don't suggest it, being we're not from the DR, then I will take your advice. Last year, we managed to go to Caberete and it definitely reminded me of my college spring break years. There were a lot of young people. We didn't go during the day, we went at night. The younger crowd turns me off, being that the average age of all of us going is 35.
    So I guess we're looking for an older crowd.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You will have no problem @ Passions in Santiago, just bring lotsa Pesos for the Salida... you have about a 1% chance meeting "normal" Santiaguerras with your level of Spanish.

Stick with Sosua on the weekends, and you won't need Spanish to meet a nice Santiaguerra "Med student" looking for help with tuition!

tambo'

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tambo

In US Dollars is that about $150.00. What's the going rate for dominican pesos. Last August, it was 32.54. How far of a drive would you say is it from Sosua to Santiago. I keep getting conflicting information. I heard it's better to go there on a friday or saturday afternoon, book a room for the night, go out to the clubs, stay there overnight and then get a cab to go back to Sosua in the morning.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

35.40RD = USD

It is an hour & 20 minute drive with no traffic from Sosua.

Amigo...you are wasting your time in Santiago without a command of the language, trust me. Everything you are shopping for is available locally!

I am sure AZB, our resident STI Macdaddy will confirm this.

tambo'

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tambo

Thanks,

I appreciate it.

April 1st couldn't come any sooner

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Should be an interesting group to hang out with, I should be there on the 2nd also till the 9th.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast