Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold's Gym Sosua

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gold's Gym Sosua

I know they are opening a Gold's gym in Sosua Inside the Sosua Ocean Village Project. I heard a rumor that they are charging $1000usd as a downpayment for their membership plus monthly fees, is this true? Has anyone been there yet or spoken with the management? I am Curious..I can understand 1000 Peso, but Dollars?? That can't be right.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IslandPrincess View Post
    I know they are opening a Gold's gym in Sosua Inside the Sosua Ocean Village Project. I heard a rumor that they are charging $1000usd as a downpayment for their membership plus monthly fees, is this true? Has anyone been there yet or spoken with the management? I am Curious..I can understand 1000 Peso, but Dollars?? That can't be right.
    Pesos is far more likely. There's probably no gym in the US (that's not part of a country club) with a membership fee that high. Certainly nothing in Gold's system.

DRob

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default That's what I said

But I have 3 people who INSIST that its in dollars. This is what prompted the question. Anyone who was/has is working for Sosua Ocean Village/Gold's gym please reply.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The Sports Club/LA is over USD$1,000 to join, and $170/month dues.
    Sosua Ocean Village is Russian, so nothing would surprise me there!

L V

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Recurring fees are the bane of Gold's Gym memberships in the U.S. Fees are either charged directly to your credit card or taken from your checking account. 2 Year membership contracts are the rule of the day, and membership fees vary.

If you are committed to working out as a lifestyle choice for the rest of your life maybe it isn't a big deal. If you are an impulsive kind of person you may be sorry you joined as you will be charged for 2 years, and even in the U.S. it proves difficult to get that membership canceled early.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Golds gym in Santiago charges like RD8k for the intial fee and RD1600 a month. Better rates can be had through forming groups.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be wrong....but it is my understanding that the $1000USD gives you access to their entire facility, lap pool, water slide pool, infinity pool, and eventually, the club house, in addition to Gold's Gym. Where I come from, it is not unusual for a private club to charge as much as $15,000 for membership, so $1000 sounds very reasonable to me.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

lol well I suppose they would rather have one rich person joining than 20 not so rich - I wouldnt pay that much for the pain involved in working out, just fill two clorox bottles with sand and power walk along the beach with them

9. Likes Dmason liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyKaufman View Post
    Could be wrong....but it is my understanding that the $1000USD gives you access to their entire facility, lap pool, water slide pool, infinity pool, and eventually, the club house, in addition to Gold's Gym. Where I come from, it is not unusual for a private club to charge as much as $15,000 for membership, so $1000 sounds very reasonable to me.
    Clearly, this is a departure from the traditional Gold's Gym model. I suppose, it's similar to the Papa John's discussion in another thread, where the SD location is actually a very nice sit-down location, and TGI Friday's in Santiago appears to be the toast of the town.

While I am aware of $15k-150k memberships, they are usually for more traditional country or private club memberships. In NA, Gold's is one of many mass-market gyms which has carved a niche by focusing on younger, more intense workout enthusiasts. It is not by any means going to be confused for Augusta or the Harvard Club.

That said, the Santiago location was one of the nicer ones I've seen in any country, and given the lack of first class workout facilities for residents on the North Coast, will enjoy something of a de facto monopoly there. Hope they've done their homework on pricing and know that there's a real market there.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyKaufman View Post
    That makes more sense. I heard it was just for the gym membership. I guess maybe you can't pay for only the gym membership and you have to buy into the community. I get it now. thanks!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast