Thread: taxi or guagua from Santo Domingo to SDQ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default taxi or guagua from Santo Domingo to SDQ?

I recently took Transporte Las Terrenas to go from Santo Domingo to LT, then back again to SD.

From the bus station in SD, I then took a taxi back to the airport (SDQ) which was 1200 pesos.

Could I have gotten off earlier than at the bus station, somewhere closer to the airport so that the taxi fare would have been lower?

Is there a cheaper taxi/bus/guagua service from the city to the airport?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Traveler View Post
    I recently took Transporte Las Terrenas to go from Santo Domingo to LT, then back again to SD.

From the bus station in SD, I then took a taxi back to the airport (SDQ) which was 1200 pesos.

Could I have gotten off earlier than at the bus station, somewhere closer to the airport so that the taxi fare would have been lower?

Is there a cheaper taxi/bus/guagua service from the city to the airport?
    to answer your last question, if you know the city at all, you can take a guagua from the city to boca chica for 70 pesos. at certain times of the day the guagua goes to the upper level of the airport to drop off people who are going to work there. if you dont hit it right, then you can get off on the highway right at the airport entrance and take a motorconcho. ( that wont work though if you have suitcases)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi:

Yes, you could have gotten off where the Santo Domingo/Samana highway intersects with highway to Las Americas. You can pick up a taxi from this point, which is about 15 minutes away.

LTS

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    Hi:

Yes, you could have gotten off where the Santo Domingo/Samana highway intersects with highway to Las Americas. You can pick up a taxi from this point, which is about 15 minutes away.

LTS

Is there a drop off point at the intersection? What would I tell the guagua/bus driver where to get off?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Satan made a new order into Hell.
    First is murderers.
    Second is child molesters.
    Third is guagua drivers.
    When I have enough money, I am going to equip my vehicle with steel and sharp edges, and I will look forward to the next time those idiots cut me off, pull in front of me, and run me off the road. Yippey ki yay M.F.!