Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Terrenas Fishermans Village - rebuilding.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Las Terrenas Fishermans Village - rebuilding.

Some snaps of the work on the new Fishermans Village in Las Terrenas as of 25/7/2012.
    Much progress - about 50 people working on the project - all buildings progressing together.
    Views are over the fence without preparation.
    Views from the beachside:

Views from roadside:

Beach scene from Fishermans Village.

Work is continuing at Gaia and it will soon be opening its doors.

Menu board at local restaurant:

Hotels and residences nearby will benefit.

Will post further pictures as work continues.

yapask1.

2. Likes ctrob, bigbird liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures, and good news as well!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to hear from a "fresh face" in LT.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this news. We've been wondering what awaits.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great news, I had the privilege of visiting this beautiful town last year. Can't wait to go back.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures, thanks. I just hope they remember to leave enough space on the road so that they don't have
    the same traffic jams they used to have.

8. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

the traffic jams are silly ./// too many suvs when it would be better to leave your cars at home and take the conchos.. otherwise the conchistas starve and it is so much better for the village.. and more fun ,.. if it isn;t raining. There is no way they are going to build more parking unless it is in back.. not a bad idea!

does this mean that the town is going to get the rents? this would seem a very good idea...

i think the titles of all those beachfront properties should be in public name

including balcones

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    the traffic jams are silly ./// too many suvs when it would be better to leave your cars at home and take the conchos.. otherwise the conchistas starve and it is so much better for the village.. and more fun ,.. if it isn;t raining. There is no way they are going to build more parking unless it is in back.. not a bad idea!

does this mean that the town is going to get the rents? this would seem a very good idea...

i think the titles of all those beachfront properties should be in public name

including balcones

Yes, there are many hotels, residences within easy walking distance of the Fishermans Village. Plus the sensibly designed
    road along the beach makes walking a pleasure. Problem is that building car parks encourages more cars. A shuttle bus is another idea. A car park out of town and a daily ticket to ride a shuttle bus anywhere in town.

Fishermans village had a great atmosphere thanks to the efforts of many people. Also great views. So when the opening occurs in a few weeks time , given that in my opinion the architects have done a very good job of re-creating the successful original, congratulations will be due to the Tourism Department and all involved.

Las Terrenas is a rising star on the tourism map.

Thanks for the appreciation of the photos.

yapask1

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 'Gallos' and Monkeys

the traffic jams are silly ./// too many suvs when it would be better to leave your cars at home and take the conchos..
    It is not the number of SUV's. It is the monkey behind the wheel.

In LT the majority of traffic jams are caused by visiting capitaleņos ("gallo" type) chatting in their SUV's in the middle of the street.
    The other cause is a moped parked in a way that blocks more than half the street.

otherwise the conchistas starve and it is so much better for the village..
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    I just hope they remember to leave enough space on the road so that they don't have the same traffic jams they used to have.
    See above.

donP

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a horsedrawn carriage that could hold a dozen or more restaurant goers could serve as a fun shuttle from an outlying parking area.

I realize the impossibility of getting tourists or a consortium of restaurant owners to pay for this, but I can dream, can't I?

My one visit to LT was topped off by dinner at a restaurant in this complex and I have been rooting for the rebuilding. So this is great.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast