View Poll Results: What do you think about the results?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its consistent with what I've been told/read/experienced.

10 50.00%
  • Its not consistent with what I've been told/read/experienced.

2 10.00%
  • I don't know what to think about this.

8 40.00%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominican Color/Racial Preference Findings

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

What's absurd is people who don't speak the language living here or abroad opining on this topic.

2. Likes Likeitizz, bronzeallspice, Ezequiel liked this post
    Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Read " Caribbean" by James Michener, it explains a lot. For the record this thread is bull.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank recktenwald View Post
    Read " Caribbean" by James Michener, it explains a lot. For the record this thread is bull.
    That book is even older than the initial pollmade in 1995. From the 40s or so wasn't it? I know I read it before 1980, and it wasn't new then.

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    That book is even older than the initial pollmade in 1995. From the 40s or so wasn't it? I know I read it before 1980, and it wasn't new then.
    It's old yes but plse remember that many places and things in the New World are also still far behind.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    What's absurd is people who don't speak the language living here or abroad opining on this topic.
    Who doesn't speak the language?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My interpretation of the results show that Dominicans are very racially tolerant looking at the majority of indifferent individuals asked.

The pollster who said that Dominicans are xenophobic is talking BS because they only used Haiti as the other country.

I bet you would get the exact same result if you asked the same questions to Cypriots with regard to the Turks.

8. Likes bob saunders liked this post
    dv8
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    silly. what's spanish got to do with it? it's absurd that non-dominicans take part, maybe, since it was dominicans who were polled and it's their opinion that counts.

10. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    silly. what's spanish got to do with it? it's absurd that non-dominicans take part, maybe, since it was dominicans who were polled and it's their opinion that counts.
    I'm referring to gringos talking about Dominican culture and racism when the reality is the only things they know about Dominican culture is what they see or read as they have never actually had a conversation with one of the locals other than "mas cervesa".

dv8
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

silly again. what does it matter what language you use to discuss the subjects? plenty of dominicans who speak perfect english/german/french and can hold a conversation with an inquiring gringo. but wait, i forgot, a gringo who speaks no spanish is a piece of trash who has no right to be here, no?
    silly, silly, silly. there is probably a handful of gringos who arrived here already speaking spanish. they learnt the language and cultrure as they went. your constant silly pushing on how you speak espany and how other gringos don't and how you have a right to speak and other gringos don't is just silly.
    and it's cerveZa, perfect spanish speaking smartypants.

13. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    silly again. what does it matter what language you use to discuss the subjects? plenty of dominicans who speak perfect english/german/french and can hold a conversation with an inquiring gringo. but wait, i forgot, a gringo who speaks no spanish is a piece of trash who has no right to be here, no?
    silly, silly, silly. there is probably a handful of gringos who arrived here already speaking spanish. they learnt the language and cultrure as they went. your constant silly pushing on how you speak espany and how other gringos don't and how you have a right to speak and other gringos don't is just silly.
    and it's cerveZa, perfect spanish speaking smartypants.
    In Spanish it is but in Dominican it's cervesa or zervesa depending on which school they went to.

15. Likes bienamor liked this post
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast