View Poll Results: Do DR1ers sensationalize their stories about 'negative' experiences in the DR?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 33.85%
  • No

12 18.46%
  • Maybe

17 26.15%
  • Its difficult to tell the difference.

14 21.54%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sensationalism on DR1?

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sensationalism on DR1?

There was a quick but interesting sub-topic discussed in this thread. The actual thread was about an incident that occurred to the OP at Gregorio Luperón Airport in Puerto Plata; however the sub-topic following the OP's and Drakas post was about the "appearance" or "suppose attempt" to make the incident appear as just one more normal occurrence in the DR.

Thus, I ask the DR1 community the following:

Do DR1ers sensationalize their stories about 'negative' experiences in the DR?

A) Yes
    B) No
    C) Maybe
    D) Its difficult to tell the difference.

-NALs

Ken
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, some do, and no, some don't is my answer. But no place for it on the options list. "Maybe" is not the same thing.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Yes, some do, and no, some don't is my answer. But no place for it on the options list. "Maybe" is not the same thing.
    I'm of the same view as Ken.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

i think some do. after all, the DR is not like your home country but it's has it's good and bad like most countries.

so i guess i vote "yes"....

I didn't last long...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ay mi madre!!.

Brother NALs, a poll is not needed when the obvious is staring at us!.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Here is my 3 1/2 Cents...

Since I was mentioned in the narrative of this poll, I thought it best that I reply;

First, I do think that an above average percentage of DR1 posters do add color to their posts when referencing past experiences in the DR. Why this is done? - Who knows...... It would be ineresting however to hear why some people do.

As for me, I am an average American (Black) guy who in 2005 found the the DR and determined that this is MY vacation destination of choice - I just love it and wish that I could retire there. I have been a total of 6 times in the last 2 years and just can't get enough. Perhaps I am running from the New England weather..... who knows.....

I always have a nice time and the trips are most enjoyable. By profession I am always aware of my soroundings and take notice of things around me. I see things and make note of them. Occasionally odd things happen to me, but I am always on guard.... I am just an average person with average luck.

When I return from a DR trip and get the opportunity to post on DR1, I try to share my experiences with the forum and post based upon the facts.

No doubt that there are some DR1 members who think that they know Everything and try to "Talk-Down" to others..... - Well, I am here, and want to contribute my posts for the benefit of others.... When I have a question, I enjoy getting answers from other DR1 members. .... but when I am challanged, then I am ready and will not back down.

A while back, there was thread about "Who is the biggest lurker"- I remind all of this because I often receive many many PMs and emails from DR1 members and DR1 Lurkers who applaud me for my posts and the way I tell it and add value. - - - - I plan to stick around this DR1 forum because it is good for all to include me. For those who don't like it..... remember, If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

I didn't last long...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Y a mi tambien.....

Quote Originally Posted by DAKRA View Post
    I remind all of this because I often receive many many PMs and emails from DR1 members and DR1 Lurkers who applaud me for my posts and the way I tell it and add value.
    DAKRA, my amigo, don't read too much into those PM's.

I get them ALLLLL the time, YET I am one of the MOST hated member in DR1's history.

The sick thing is that I love every minute of it and I will NOT rest until I am the number one!!.

I wouldn't have it any other way, wahahahahaha!!.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I agree that you are ONE of the most hated.....

But I like you! - hehehehehe - have a good night..... (Right Now, I find myself booking my next trip to the DR and can't wait to get there)

Quote Originally Posted by miguel View Post
    DAKRA, my amigo, don't read too much into those PM's.

I get them ALLLLL the time, YET I am one of the MOST hated member in DR1's history.

The sick thing is that I love every minute of it and I will NOT rest until I am the number one!!.

I wouldn't have it any other way, wahahahahaha!!.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

some do and some dont.

I didn't last long...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trabajando como un loco......

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    some do and some dont.
    Just give me time.

Will not rest until EVERYBODY does!!!, wahahaha!!.

Ok, back to the topic at hand!!.

Where in hell is NALs?.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast